Justin Field Trade Options

G08

6 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Jeudy would be more likely to be the WR in that trade than MMj

I would only do it for Mims... better age and more obvious upside

Of course Denver would rather have Jeudy in the trade, but QB is a premium position and Fields would cost them alot less than trading up 

13 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I would bet a stupid avatar that it is in fact Darnold. 

If it is Darnold then it’s clear the broncos are just trying to dethrone the bears and their 1.1 streak.

10 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

If it is Darnold then it’s clear the broncos are just trying to dethrone the bears and their 1.1 streak.

The Broncos are fascinating, as I don't know what team has ever performed massive, crippling roster moves two in a row like that.  It's like buying a Sentra on 56% interest and when that seems to be going badly, you mortgage mom's house for a Lambo.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, anonymousGM said:

I would only do it for Mims... better age and more obvious upside

Of course Denver would rather have Jeudy in the trade, but QB is a premium position and Fields would cost them alot less than trading up 

I wouldn’t have a problem taking Jeudy the player. He’s a capable secondary option who’s still just 25 this coming season. Don’t love his contract though at $12M+ on the 5YO, and I think he’d want more in an extension than I think he’s worth. 

I can’t imagine DEN wants Fields though. He’s basically the polar opposite of what Payton has looked for in a QB. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

Sounds like a number of teams are in on Kirk Cousins. Baker Mayfield I still believe will resign with Tampa Bay. The longer teams wait make a deal the higher the price will be for Fields. Once free agency begins and you don't get your guy then you are stuck if you are Atlanta or Las Vegas or Denver or Minnesota. You're out of striking distance in the draft for one of the top three or four guys and you're out of options in free agency. You can't sell the fans on a season of Gardner Minshew or Sam Darnold without drafting a QB you like later in round 1 and letting them wear the headset until they're ready. 

Any of the teams I listed would be smart to trade for Fields and draft a QB. 

Justin Fields will sell tickets for any of those teams this season and give you the best chance to win in the short term plus you can groom a guy like Penix or McCarthy for a season or two while Justin plays out the 5th year option. Hell... If the Bears did this I wouldn't be mad as long as we get the "historic haul" 

I don't think Poles should be in any rush to move Fields despite the media frenzy going on. If the price is firm on a second round pick then hold on to him until the draft or at least until Caleb Williams' pro day when he cements himself number one on your draft board.

As a fan, it feels good to have a competent GM who doesn't blink. The top 6 QBs in the draft could all end up being good on the right team in the right system. 

The next couple weeks should be fun. I think we are going to have a solid free agency again similar to last season and we get to watch all the QBs perform at their pro day knowing we still have Justin Fields and the #1 pick! This is amazing. Probably the best time ever to be a Bears fan in the past 20 years!

45 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I wouldn’t have a problem taking Jeudy the player. He’s a capable secondary option who’s still just 25 this coming season. Don’t love his contract though at $12M+ on the 5YO, and I think he’d want more in an extension than I think he’s worth. 

I can’t imagine DEN wants Fields though. He’s basically the polar opposite of what Payton has looked for in a QB. 

They also had the opportunity to draft him and passed for Bridgewater/Lock.  Granted, they may not view him as worthy of the 9th overall pick, but maybe they do view him as worthy of a combination of mid-round picks.