Justin Field Trade Options

G08

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If the Giants wanted to send you the #6 pick for Fields, but you also have to eat Daniel Jones' contract, are you doing it? Can be released next year post 6/1 for 30.5M cap savings. Counts against the cap 47.1M this year.

Fields and 9 is far more realistic, and i don't think that really has a chance at all

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If the Giants wanted to send you the #6 pick for Fields, but you also have to eat Daniel Jones' contract, are you doing it? Can be released next year post 6/1 for 30.5M cap savings. Counts against the cap 47.1M this year.

If I do that trade on Spotrac it saves Giants 10.5 million and costs us 20.7 million in cap space.  That is doable:

CAP TOTALS

TRANSACTIONS LOG (HIDE)

1. Traded Justin Fields (CHI) for Daniel Jones (NYG)
    (Saved: $-20,766,552)

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

If I do that trade on Spotrac it saves Giants 10.5 million and costs us 20.7 million in cap space.  That is doable:

CAP TOTALS

TRANSACTIONS LOG (HIDE)

1. Traded Justin Fields (CHI) for Daniel Jones (NYG)
    (Saved: $-20,766,552)

Let's be real. 

I don't think they are giving up 6th pick in draft for a cap savings of 10.5 million and Fields.

They might do that deal for 39 and 70.  

10 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

It's a good market for FA QBs

Say what??

It’s just Cousins and Baker, then a bunch of backups (Minshew, Tyrod, Brissett, etc.) Yes some of those backups can play a little, but they are absolutely backups, and have proven so. And then the Russell Wilson mystery box.

If you are a team looking for a QB without a path to a Top 3 pick, you are in trouble, and Fields is at worst the 3rd option out there, more likely 2nd since the money is a lot cheaper than Baker

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Say what??

It’s just Cousins and Baker, then a bunch of backups (Minshew, Tyrod, Brissett, etc.) Yes some of those backups can play a little, but they are absolutely backups, and have proven so. And then the Russell Wilson mystery box.

If you are a team looking for a QB without a path to a Top 3 pick, you are in trouble, and Fields is at worst the 3rd option out there, more likely 2nd since the money is a lot cheaper than Baker

No draft picks needed to get Baker. 

Seriously, what do you guys think you'll fetch for Fields? 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

The issue is those "backups" have better career passing numbers than Justin Fields. And you don't need to trade for them.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Say what??

I think maybe they're including a draft class that has a lot of QBs that different people have graded highly.  In my own mind I keep thinking there's 3 FA and like 6 draft QBs that teams might talk themselves into.  It sure seems like a lot of teams are tied to their QB, some even actually LIKE their QB,  lots have Qbs coming into 2nd or 3rd year who still might work out, etc.  I think the better way to express this might be that it's more of a buyers market than you might have thought mid 2023 season. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Nothing.  We will have to give draft picks and money for someone to take him. 

Everyone will sign Baker and Cousins and draft college QBs.   

• Like 1

I think we’ll get a 2 for him.

Baker almost surely doesn’t leave TB (don’t think Evans signs on to stay a week out from FA without some QB certainty), and IMO that really leaves the FA market with Cousins, Wilson and a bunch of backups, and between them and Fields it’s a bit of a choose your flavor situation.

Wilson comes on a 2-year significant down trend, is a bit of a sideshow and has no long term upside, but is dirt cheap cap wise due for 2024 to the DEN contract offset. DEN eating $85M to send him elsewhere will send red flags to potential suitors.

Cousins is probably short term buy at age 36 and will almost surely cost you $80M+ guaranteed over the next 2 years for a guy coming off a torn Achilles and who wasn’t already mobile to begin with, all for a guy who’s obviously talented but also has never been enough to get a team over the hump.

Fields by comparison has by far the most long term upside while having arguably the most present day questions of the three. He’s 10 years younger than both of the other two and has absurd physical talent. The stuff that makes him potentially appealing elsewhere is the same stuff that has a good number of people in Chicago wanting to keep him over drafting Caleb Williams. He already gives you the spectacular stuff week in and week out, and if the right voice can get him to give you the mundane stuff more consistently he could give his next team an incredible bargain on that kind of talent in a kid that’s universally respected as a leader by his peers. The cost of a 2nd round pick for a 2025 flyer on being the voice that unlocks that immense potential is a very palatable one for regimes with good job security (think ATL and PIT). If they make the move for Fields and miss they’ll get another swing with a different QB, and if they make the move and hit them they’ve added a franchise QB for the next several years outside of the 1st round. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Nothing.  We will have to give draft picks and money for someone to take him. 

Everyone will sign Baker and Cousins and draft college QBs.   

Funny! After all of those things are done, there are still going to be teams who need a quarterback. Is Denver an option? It should be interesting. 

• Like 1

2nd or 3rd. I could see a pair of 3rds or even a 3rd with a conditional pick based on his performance for 2025. 

I dont really believe PIT is going to stick with KP as the unquestioned starter nor do I think they want to overpay Russ to be mediocre. No one is giving a 1st for Fields but a 2nd from ATL (if they don't snag a QB in the top 10), PIT, NYG might all make an offer. If it gets to the 3rd it becomes a crapshoot. There was talk of the Raiders liking him even with the Getsy hire, which I am highly skeptical of but still. Rams might want to secure a back up  and see if Fields has anything to offer for a 3rd since they only have Stafford, who has been in the league for a hot minute. SEA might offer a 3rd due to Smith being super cheap to cut (for a vet QB) next year and they might want to see if Fields is the guy. If not they can just not extend the 5th year option.  DEN you would think wants a pocket passer due to Payton's success with Brees but the guy seemed to adore Tayson Hill, and Fields is physically ridiculous so Payton may believe he can develop Fields' game. 

Ton of variables, other coaches know the Bears likely botched Fields' first three years and believe they can do better (if not then they shouldn't be a coach too, need a level of cockiness IMO) so they may want to make a move. 

38 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Ton of variables, other coaches know the Bears likely botched Fields' first three years and believe they can do better (if not then they shouldn't be a coach too, need a level of cockiness IMO) so they may want to make a move. 

This.

Teams are always willing to take chances on elite physical talent. Even Fields’ strongest detractors acknowledge that he has that in spades. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I still think Cousins ends up back in Minnesota till I actually see him sign elsewhere

Which leads me to believe that Atlanta is the ultimate destination for JF. And Ill still go with what Ive been predicting, their Pair of 3rds plus a future conditional pick (likely ends up as a 3rd as well)

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

This.

Teams are always willing to take chances on elite physical talent. Even Fields’ strongest detractors acknowledge that he has that in spades. 

I would.  I would also attempt to lowball Bears to get him.

My offer right now would be a 3rd.  Problem comes in if another team outbids me then I have to decide if I want to go higher.