Justin Field Trade Options

G08

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

To play devil’s advocate, how many guys are making against the grain claims about prospects solely for clicks now that, if it turns out that way, will say “I was on that before everyone!”? 

Didn’t feel like that to be fair…he liked a lot of Young’s’ game…just more of Stroud’s

The DK odds don't mean much. They are trying to attract bets from fans of the listed teams, that's all.

Fields should have trade value but there are as many QB options as needs. So it's not a seller's market. The Saints are in no position to change QBs with Carr's salary guaranteed so they can be removed from the list of needy teams. Tamp and Mayfield seem happy together so he's probably not going anywhere. Minnesota has a lot of cap reasons to re-sign Cousins. If he reaches free agency, they take a pretty big dead money hit, while if they re-sign him, they can push it further down the road. 

A team which drafts Nix, McCarthy, or Penix won't want to throw them into the fire. Thus the long careers of guys like Jacoby Brissett or Tyrod Taylor. Minshew is in that category.

Fields is in the category of former starter with some tools who could use a change of scenery. Sam Howell is in that bucket too. Maybe Kenny Pickett as well. Russell Wilson is probably first choice in that group.  Fields certainly has the most athleticism of that group and was the highest ranked prospect entering the league. So there's likely a market for him. But it may not pay much. I don't think a first rounder is realistic. A team may give up a second rounder or more likely a third in 2024 plus a conditional pick in 2025. But there are teams for whom Jake Browning would be an upgrade and maybe they prefer him. 

20 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

But there are teams for whom Jake Browning would be an upgrade and maybe they prefer him

Agree with a lot of what you wrote. As to Browning though, he’s an exclusive rights FA, so it will cost CIN basically nothing to keep him, and he showed to be able to run CIN’s offense capably were Burrow to go down again. He’s not going anywhere in 2024. 

2 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Just trying to gauge something here with a friend.  Who would say no?

1 for 11 + Justin Jefferson

As much as this won't happen it's an interesting concept...

Go for the dream...

Bears trade pick #9 + Justin Fields to NE for pick #1 and add MHJ to Caleb - values Fields as the 20th overall pick.

Risky...

Bears trade Justin Fields to Pitt for WR George Pickens + 2nd - values Pickens around a mid 2nd if Fields is seen as worth a mid to late 1st which seems to be where the national writers think he's worth.

Give Waldron his guy...

Justin Fields straight up for DK Metcalf

I wouldn't be against any of these to be fair.

5 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Just trying to gauge something here with a friend.  Who would say no?

1 for 11 + Justin Jefferson

To give a division rival their pick of QB -while the Bears need one especially-  I'd want to ream them. I'd make that trade for 1.9 bit not 1.1. Lol

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as this won't happen it's an interesting concept...

Go for the dream...

Bears trade pick #9 + Justin Fields to NE for pick #1 and add MHJ to Caleb - values Fields as the 20th overall pick.

Risky...

Bears trade Justin Fields to Pitt for WR George Pickens + 2nd - values Pickens around a mid 2nd if Fields is seen as worth a mid to late 1st which seems to be where the national writers think he's worth.

Give Waldron his guy...

Justin Fields straight up for DK Metcalf

I wouldn't be against any of these to be fair.

Any one of those and I'd be damn happy.

1 hour ago, refundmytickets said:

What are the chances Fields is not an NFL starting QB in '24?

There are a lot of openings. There are a lot of QBs in the market and a lot of draftable QBs.

Outside of injury keeping him out I'd say pretty low.  He's better as-is than a lot of guys that started last year, and I'm really hoping there's that one coach (or preferably 3 or 4) that know they can make a star out of him.  If we do get a good return on trading him (which I still am not expecting) we can thank Getsy for creating so much ambinguity: "Is this guy not seeing reads or is his only option to throw a screen to a DL while 3 punt returners block for him?"

I would be over the moon for a first but I still think most likely we get something like a could 4th rounders and conditional stuff. 

13 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agree with a lot of what you wrote. As to Browning though, he’s an exclusive rights FA, so it will cost CIN basically nothing to keep him, and he showed to be able to run CIN’s offense capably were Burrow to go down again. He’s not going anywhere in 2024. 

Bengals will certainly be happy to keep Browning around for 3 more years. But they could also trade him for a decent offer. They had AJ McCarron as Browning's backup late last season and he could certainly back up Burrow if required. 

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals will certainly be happy to keep Browning around for 3 more years. But they could also trade him for a decent offer. They had AJ McCarron as Browning's backup late last season and he could certainly back up Burrow if required. 

I look at it the other way - for most teams with a big money QB, if that guy goes down the season is essentially over. That wasn’t the case with CIN in 2023. That has far more value IMO for the Bengals than a mid round pick would. McCarron on the other hand was out of the league for two seasons before he was signed by CIN after the Burrow injury, and even if they traded Browning and upgraded in FA from McCarron as Burrow’s backup it would cost them significantly more on a contract and they might end up with a worse player. It’s a possibility, but seemingly a pretty remote one. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Giants and Denver need QBs

Part of me wants to see him traded to Denver just to watch Allbright lose his ever loving **** about it lol.

(I like Allbright quite a bit but he haaaaaaaaaates Fields)

• Like 2