Justin Field Trade Options

G08

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Part of me wants to see him traded to Denver just to watch Allbright lose his ever loving **** about it lol.

(I like Allbright quite a bit but he haaaaaaaaaates Fields)

I don't think there's any chance. He's not a Payton QB. They tried it with Russell Wilson and it didn't work.

1 hour ago, refundmytickets said:

I don't think there's any chance. He's not a Payton QB. They tried it with Russell Wilson and it didn't work.

100% agree. Payton wants a guy to throw a hundred slants. 

Unfortunately the "First Round Pick" nonsense that was out there for a few weeks has completely skewed the entire Bears fanbase

But there is absolutely a Market for Justin Fields, and nothing that has happened so far has really changed that market

There are 10 teams looking for a new Starting QB at some level, excluding the Bears. (NE, NYG, WAS, PIT, MIN, TEN, ATL, TB, DEN, LV) and there are only 6 real options outside of Fields to occupy those. Only 3 of the Top 4 QB prospects are available if you do think that McCarthy can be a guy you start in 2024. Then the Rehabbing Cousins, Baker Mayfield and then Russ...

That is a bleak outlook for some of those teams. That includes the options for NYG, PITT and TEN of returning to what they were doing last year (spare me your Will Levis hype) But even if they do go back to those guys that still leaves at least one team needing a guy like Fields, and thats if someone doesnt double dip on a Rookie and Russ (like LV) 

Fields was likely never going for a FRP, he probably isnt getting a high Second Round Pick either. Its likely late 2nd./early 3rd with some other conditional picks attached. Not as appealing of a situation, but its much more likely the reality of the situation.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Unfortunately the "First Round Pick" nonsense that was out there for a few weeks has completely skewed the entire Bears fanbase

But there is absolutely a Market for Justin Fields, and nothing that has happened so far has really changed that market

There are 10 teams looking for a new Starting QB at some level, excluding the Bears. (NE, NYG, WAS, PIT, MIN, TEN, ATL, TB, DEN, LV) and there are only 6 real options outside of Fields to occupy those. Only 3 of the Top 4 QB prospects are available if you do think that McCarthy can be a guy you start in 2024. Then the Rehabbing Cousins, Baker Mayfield and then Russ...

That is a bleak outlook for some of those teams. That includes the options for NYG, PITT and TEN of returning to what they were doing last year (spare me your Will Levis hype) But even if they do go back to those guys that still leaves at least one team needing a guy like Fields, and thats if someone doesnt double dip on a Rookie and Russ (like LV) 

Fields was likely never going for a FRP, he probably isnt getting a high Second Round Pick either. Its likely late 2nd./early 3rd with some other conditional picks attached. Not as appealing of a situation, but its much more likely the reality of the situation.

Schefter was on PMT last friday and said he expected it to be between the Alex Smith trade (2 2nds) and the Sam Darnold trade (current 6th, future 2nd and 4th)

30 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

IDK what the price for him could be but I definitely believe there is a market for him. I could also see Fields being the sacrificial lamb for some team that drafts a QB really high but has a trash roster. Say like NE doesn't want to throw Daniels to the wolves but can get Fields for a 3rd or even a conditional pick in 2025 that can go higher based on (unlikely) metric being met. Getting your QB and not getting him mauled like Tru was in Chicago would be a hell of a use for a 3rd when you're not even trading up to snag the QB. Or say Penix falls or Nix is had in the second but they want to develop that young guy for a year, Fields will be exciting enough to sell some tickets and make some highlight plays then when he walks in 2 years your QB has two years in the system and should have some of his bad habits worked out. 

25 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Really agree here, although the needs QB/is QB math seems a bit off as there are still people out there who are going to think that they could make something out of Mac Jones or Sam  Darnold so long as they're cheap.

There are some other less tangible costs to consider, and please understand I love Justin Fields and will follow him probably as closely as I follow the Bears, but once he's traded WE DON'T HAVE TO TALK ABOUT IT ANYMORE, which is something I would pay real currency for.  Sure there'll be a debate about whether it was enough/good for Justin etc but it'll at least be over. 

The lowest I've thought he'd fetch was a pair of fourths,  the highest was a second rounder with some sort of kick back.  Honestly for the long term team I hope it's a 2024 pick and a 2025 later pick that has all kinds of silly escalators to bring it up, and I hope he goes to a team that has a (sane) plan for him.  If those yahoos are right about the NFL being scripted I can think of no better saga than he goes to an AFC team and it's Williams vs Fields in the Super Bowl of Outward Mutual Respect but Secretly I ******* Hate You Bowl in 2026. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Schefter was on PMT last friday and said he expected it to be between the Alex Smith trade (2 2nds) and the Sam Darnold trade (current 6th, future 2nd and 4th)

Yea, but he was pretty clearly just using an educated guess on the type of "similar previous deals". It for sure wanst anything like "I know they have this on the table"

I expect Baker to be back in TB, and then it just comes to where does Cousins pick. From there it likely gets everyone left's best offer for Fields and then this can all be over. (until we start up the next big debate, Williams vs Move down for Maye, its coming so buckle up)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, but he was pretty clearly just using an educated guess on the type of "similar previous deals". It for sure wanst anything like "I know they have this on the table"

I expect Baker to be back in TB, and then it just comes to where does Cousins pick. From there it likely gets everyone left's best offer for Fields and then this can all be over. (until we start up the next big debate, Williams vs Move down for Maye, its coming so buckle up)

I agree on Baker, and all of the other available “top” options in FA (Russ, Cousins, Tannehill) are older players and short term answers.

As to the Williams vs. Maye/Daniels stuff, I agree it’s coming, but I don’t think anyone credible thinks the Bears will take anyone other than Williams short of a medical issue. I enjoy the guys at CHGO, The Athletic, etc., but their need to put out content will lead discussions a long ways down unnecessary paths over the next 9 weeks. Honestly I am far more interested in discussions about 1-9. I think 1-1 being Williams to Chicago is about as done a deal as it can be in early March. 

• Like 1

If the Giants wanted to send you the #6 pick for Fields, but you also have to eat Daniel Jones' contract, are you doing it? Can be released next year post 6/1 for 30.5M cap savings. Counts against the cap 47.1M this year.

15 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If the Giants wanted to send you the #6 pick for Fields, but you also have to eat Daniel Jones' contract, are you doing it? Can be released next year post 6/1 for 30.5M cap savings. Counts against the cap 47.1M this year.

Oh yeah.  Imagine drafting Williams, nabers/odunze, and one of the top OTs.  

23 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Man, that would be such an unconventional way for us to use our cap space. Ultimately I don’t think NYG is making that move for 1 year of Fields behind a suspect OL and with underwhelming weapons (sound familiar?) rather than just taking QB3/4 at 6 and riding out Jones til the rookie is ready, but three top 10 picks would be so much fun. I’d be looking at Williams, Nabers then Verse (ideally after a small trade down). Holy Madden draft… 

• Like 2