Justin Field Trade Options

G08

4 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

Eberflus has more job security than Nagy did at that time. If the Bears were going to fire him, they would have done it this offseason.

You are thinking like a rational person. When's the last time the Bears did the rational thing? They should have got rid of everybody this off season. Poles included.

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You are thinking like a rational person. When's the last time the Bears did the rational thing? They should have got rid of everybody this off season. Poles included.

Extremely Rational

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StatKing said:

The only reason Fields got drafted was because Pace was desperate to save his job. He thought he could buy one more year sitting Fields behind Dalton. They are going to try and do the same thing with Caleb Williams this year to save Eberflus.

That was a really stupid plan.   Hopefully Poles doesn't repeat history.  It would be really stupid again.  

If they do bring in a vet QB and sit Caleb for a year - it is not going to go well.   

Caleb will end up playing regardless just like Fields did, he will have to do it without benefit of offseason reps.  Just like Fields did.

They would have learned all the wrong lessons.   I guess we will see what happens. 

I wouldn't do that.  I am drafting Caleb and Caleb is getting 100% of coaching attention from jump.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Like the kids are saying, people are "delulu"

So much emotion went into Fields as the guy.  People don't want to let it go.  And he did get a raw deal in his development.

People also got really invested in idea of a 'haul' with Fields as QB and finally getting a fair shake.

That and also, if we were go the other way, we’ve been told by a whole bunch of the most credible and connected media sources that the Bears should expect a 2 and then some in return for him as recently as last week, thus validating his perceived value to people. 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

And THAT^^^ is people just spouting off on Twitter like they are in the know when they have next to none of the actual information about the situation, just what the bought and paid for talking heads are saying in this 24 hour news cycle.

Again, as AZ just pointed out, it was less than a week ago that people wer talking about "can the Bears actually get a FRP for Fields?" So which is it? Because the SAME PEOPLE are saying both of these things.

Theres a lot going on that we have very little to no idea about. But hey, gotta drive clicks and be the "I told you so" on Twitter right? (not directed at you @dll2000)

• Like 1

I think the possible trade partners for the Bears in this situation are in this order;

1. New England Patriots - They really want MHJ, and will fall out of love with Daniels
  2. Seattle Seahawks - The first mystery team, new staff may not be in on Geno
  3. Denver Broncos - They are about to be DESPERATE for a QB, Friday Morning of the Draft possible when they miss out Day 1
  4. Las Vegas Raiders - Minshew only slightly changes this for me, hes still on the cheap (and a backup) but ther was smoke
  5. Pittsburgh Steelers - Do we 100% trust that something wont happen with Russ between now and Opening Day?
  6. Philadelphia Eagles - Breer suggested this on Eisen, now I cant get it out of my head
  7. Indianapolis Colts - Losing Minshew, they need another QB that can play, not sure you can trust AR to stay healthy
  8. New York Giants - How "out" are they really on Dimes? Because Drew Lock, as much as I love him, isnt the answer
  9. Tennessee Titans - Still think theres a chance that the new staff gets in there with Levis and goes "oh no"
  10. Minnesota Vikings - Darnold isnt an answer, but I dont think we would send him in the Division

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Again, as AZ just pointed out, it was less than a week ago that people wer talking about "can the Bears actually get a FRP for Fields?" So which is it? Because the SAME PEOPLE are saying both of these things.

Was there any real info coming out that the Bears could get a FRP for Fields or was it just wishful thinking by Bears' twitter accounts?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Was there any real info coming out that the Bears could get a FRP for Fields or was it just wishful thinking by Bears' twitter accounts?

Schefter speculated that a FRP was on the table. I don't think he had any inside info to back that up.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It was said by multiple people in the national media, and was talked about by a whole lot more on morning shows and podcasts. I remember because I had to keep many around here at bay on their expectations

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

It was said by multiple people in the national media, and was talked about by a whole lot more on morning shows and podcasts. I remember because I had to keep many around here at bay on their expectations

I can't speak for others, but a FRP seemed VERY high given that he's been a bag of mixed results.  Going through the list you posted earlier, New England was always my dark horse team to get involved.  I'm not sure it's necessarily tied to them grabbing MHJ, but I could easily see a situation in which they trade down with say the NY Giants and grab some future picks and grab someone like Malik Nabers at 6, and then try and see if Fields is salvageable.  Seattle doesn't make sense, since you're trading for Fields and likely dealing his 5th year option and he's not really an upgrade over Geno Smith.  At best, they seem like a team that might throw a mid-to-late Day 3 pick at Chicago as a "why not?" offer.  Denver has the need, but Fields seems like a poor fit for Fields.  I think they're content with rolling with Stidham, but I could see them pivoting around and taking someone like Bo Nix (and for @Broncofan's sake hopefully not at 12).  I think the Raiders' chances just disappeared when they signed Mishnew.  He's your starting QB unless Aidan O'Connell can beat him out, and the price tag to move up is going to be astronomical.  Pittsburgh window closed with the Russell Wilson signing.  The rest of the list out of Tennessee and NY Giants don't really have a need, so you're effectively trading for a backup for a single year so the offer isn't more than a Day 3 pick at best IMO.  I don't see Chicago trading him within the division, so Minnesota is likely out which leave sonly the NY Giants.  I think they're poised to move up in the draft for a QB.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I only saw that Mel Kiper said that.  

I heard a lot of talking heads said a 2nd was likely in January/Feb.  It was all personal speculation. 

Someone reported they got offered a 3rd early on and wanted to try to wait for something better.   I never saw who that was.  

Rest was twitter people.  

DaBears Blog owner who seems to have a real source in Halas - said market was real light for him at combine.  It seems he was only one who was right.

I personally thought since December a third would be fair for both sides.  

We'll see.  Maybe he just gets released.  Rosen was traded on draft day and I want to say so was Ryan Mallet.  I could be wrong on him though.  Just going off top of my head.