Turn 1 Bust Into A Good Player

BetterCallSaul

Greg Robinson. Can you imagine if Greg Robinson was good? The Rams wouldve had an historic 1st round draft in 2014 bc we know they selected Donald right outside the top 10. They busted hard on Greg Robinson. I think Robinson had the raw potential to be great he just lacked the work ethic. He was a great run blocker he just needed to develop as a pass protector. He never had the mindset to be great. But I truly wish he had the work ethic and was great bc the Rams selecting him and Donald and both being great in the 1st round of the 2014 draft wouldve been epic. Not to mention Robinson was super young so he still wouldve been starting at LT for the Rams right now and we wouldnt have to be worrying about Alaric Jackson starting. At the same time we probably wouldnt have had Andrew Whitworth so thats the downside.

Edited by stl4life07

For draft busts, probably Craig Davis. He would've provided a nice YAC threat for a team that lacked it somewhat. Might've been enough to nudge them over the top in some of those years too.

For FA, Chris Harris Jr. He blew so many plays on his own and always jumped around pointing like it was somebody else's fault. I couldn't F'ing stand that guy. If he was at least an average slot that would've took some pressure off the defense and nudged us into the playoffs in 2020-2021.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Any browns first round pick from 1999-2016 bar 2006 Kamerion Wimberley 2007 1.3. 2008 Alex Mack

id choose

Courtney Brown. 

Dude was talented 270 ran a 4.5. 

Seems like a good intense dude. 

He was a bust because of injury, and his injury was through commitment to the game.

Yeah but would it have mattered if we had Courtney Brown playing like Myles Garrett? We would still be a 5-6 win team at best if we superhulked him. 

Edited by BetterCallSaul

10 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

I mean taking Taco Charlton over TJ Watt was pretty disgusting as was trading a 1st and 2nd for a CB who we never interviewed and who failed his wonderlic, but I think if you go back to Bobby Carpenter in 06 - had he been a good player, we might have done more during that era than we actually pulled off.

I'd look at that '07 Draft - imagine if "Almost Anthony" Spencer had been a true pass rushing threat opposite Ware. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

If you could turn 1 of your team’s busts (all-time) into good starter, who would you select?

For the Browns, probably our signing of Odell Beckham. If we had the elite OBJ, we would have been nasty to contend with under Baker’s magical 2018-2019 season.

Obviously we have had bigger busts at bigger positions, but a good Tim Couch would have done nothing for that roster. 

For the Falcons, Vic Beasley. Life would be so much easier if he was basically T.J. Watt. 

10 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

I mean taking Taco Charlton over TJ Watt was pretty disgusting as was trading a 1st and 2nd for a CB who we never interviewed and who failed his wonderlic, but I think if you go back to Bobby Carpenter in 06 - had he been a good player, we might have done more during that era than we actually pulled off.

The beginning of the end for Thomas Dimitroff was taking Takk McKinley in a trade up with TJ Watt right there and the obvious better pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

The beginning of the end for Thomas Dimitroff was taking Takk McKinley in a trade up with TJ Watt right there and the obvious better pick.

TJ Watt was not even a lock to go R1. Takk was absolutely considered the better player pre-draft. Takk was going in the teens consistently, whereas Watt was considered a late 1, early 2. He was not nearly the player he is now…and id argue Watt actually benefited by his brother being a monster. I think that gave his draft stock a boost into the teens. 

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

TJ Watt was not even a lock to go R1. Takk was absolutely considered the better player pre-draft. Takk was going in the teens consistently, whereas Watt was considered a late 1, early 2. He was not nearly the player he is now…and id argue Watt actually benefited by his brother being a monster. I think that gave his draft stock a boost into the teens. 

I considered McKinley a 3rd round guy and Watt a 1st round guy. Based off film and athletic testing alone, Watt was a better prospect. 

Just looked at my big board from then. McKinley was my 95th best player. Watt was my 18th best player that year.

Edited by scar988

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah but would it have mattered if we had Courtney Brown playing like Myles Garrett? We would still be a 5-6 win team at best if we superhulked him. 

2001 team beats Pittsburg in the playoffs  

14 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Give me 2012 RG3 in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023...

This is the obvious one, of course. I might go with Dwayne Haskins, though.

Between RG3 (2012) and Cousins (2015-2017), we actually got a few pretty good QB seasons during what would have been RG3’s prime. But it’s been nothing but a nightmare at QB since we drafted Haskins, and it would have been nice to undo all that PLUS have another decade or so left to look forward to. He’d still only be 26 right now.

Also, as a totally unfair counterfactual to support my pick, maybe the kid would still be alive if he had succeeded in Washington instead of going off the rails.

• Like 1

Oh god.. I don’t think Bradford was a bust, guy had unreal talent and a freaking laser beam of a arm.. His issue was that he made out of glass. Man he made some absolutely gorgeous throws and he never had help at WR. 

Brandon Gibson

Chris Givens

Mark Clayton(was a steal before his knee exploded)

Denario Alexander(beast but his knee gave out). 

Stafford in a different universe is on his 8th ring.. Man was he something to watch. 

the original Donald.

combineblof1.jpg

How the hell did this guy bust man? There were never any DTs built like this. Now it’s like the prototypical built on how you want your DTs to play. Old DTs use to be 300-400 of fat mass. Gosh dammm I remember my eyes exploding seeing this Greek god without a shirt. 

This is a fat boi right here.

No wonder his cardio sucks and he fell out. Gotta get this guy in shape. 

NYPICHPDPICT000008289491.jpg

Edited by El Ramster