Deadpool & Wolverine - July 26th

Acgott

12 hours ago, JonStark said:

Yeah Hugh absolutely knocked it out of the park. I knew he would after Logan, but those two just work so well together.

Hide contents

Sidenote, Henry Cavill as a Wolverine was by far the best cameo in the movie. 

Spoiler

I was very partial to Captain Am- Human Torch cameo 

• Like 1

I disagree that this won't help the greater MCU going forward.  I think it helped prove one very important thing to the brass at Marvel studios. Focusing more on self contained stories that just barely touch on the greater over arching story is the way to go.  They poured way too much setup into Kang and didn't do nearly enough with making us care about the characters.

This movie was hilarious, and while the plot had some holes for sure, so did the first two Deadpool movies. The high octane cartoonish violence was exactly what everyone wanted from these two characters and this movie delivered.  Easily my favorite of the three, I saw all three movies this week and the more I think about it, the more the third one pulls away from the first two.

It was hilarious and met my high expectations.

The cameos were great. I had a couple spoiled, but others were a great surprise. The Pinocchio joke was my favorite. 

• Like 2

If Honda had any brains they'd be doing some viral online marketing based around the scene in the movie and the one particular Deadpool quote about the Honda Odyssey during said scene. 

• Like 2

I had a ton of fun with it. I thought it was really funny, the plot was good, and overall just a good time. They kept everything moving really quickly, the cameos were a ton of fun, but it wasn't just a cameo fest.

I will say, there is some serious irony in the fact that they spend time specifically calling out MCU for the multi-verse and saying how tired people are of it, but then making this entire movie revolve around a multi-verse lol

And I mean, kudos, I enjoyed Deadpool's multi-verse much more than anything MCU ever did with it after End Game.

17 hours ago, Acgott said:

We need some love for Gambit. Tatum’s over the top portrayal was great.

Was great seeing him after it was rumored for so long. But also glad the movie never happened, his portrayal would’ve been awful 

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Was great seeing him after it was rumored for so long. But also glad the movie never happened, his portrayal would’ve been awful 

I don't think he would have portrayed him like that in the actual movie if it happened. Pretty sure the over the top acting was done as a joke.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

I don't think he would have portrayed him like that in the actual movie if it happened. Pretty sure the over the top acting was done as a joke.

Agreed but don’t think he would  make a good gambit in general

13 hours ago, August4th said:

Reynolds and Jackman were good in this, IDK about the rest lol I think the mid-credits moment did a better job sending off the Fox supes than the film did

I still think there was a missed opportunity to make Deadpool Kills the Fox Universe.

• Like 1