Deadpool & Wolverine - July 26th

Acgott

The overall movie was let's be honest a solid 4/10. But Ryan Reynolds and Hugh jackman along with solid cameos and good jokes elevated it to a solid 7/10.

I remember the second deadpool a lot more fondly and to basically kill off the entire X-force off screen stungggg. But they needed the budget for more expensive people.

Can't wait for deadpool 4 in 2030.

3 hours ago, Xmad said:

The overall movie was let's be honest a solid 4/10. But Ryan Reynolds and Hugh jackman along with solid cameos and good jokes elevated it to a solid 7/10.

I remember the second deadpool a lot more fondly and to basically kill off the entire X-force off screen stungggg. But they needed the budget for more expensive people.

Can't wait for deadpool 4 in 2030.

But... All the X-force members died on screen...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Dougray Scott would have been a great tongue in cheek cameo appearance as an alt wolverine. 

I hadn't thought about this, but 100%. Would have been a deeeeeeeeep cut, but it would have landed for me

5 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

But... All the X-force members died on screen...

the scrubs yes. The actual interesting characters like Cable, Domino, nope.

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Did the movie say Domino and Cable were dead? I don't remember that 

"all of x-force died, cable and domino didn't see it coming" it was basically one line during the avengers hogan scene.

Wife and I went and saw the movie.  Wednesday night.  6:00.  We got into the biggest room at the theater near us.  It was 2/3 full.  Lots of people showed up.  And it was showing on multiple screens.

Man?  I loved it.  Without putting spoilers out there, the main villain in the void was excellent.  Loved the cameos.  Except for one, who was really reaching, but I think that was by design.

Loved the beginning.  It had a lot of normal Deadpool wit and jokes.  But Hugh was simply amazing as Wolverine.  How he can take that character and add the depth to it is incredible.

Saw the ending coming a mile away, but it was still done really well.

It ain't a "thinker" movie.  It is what it is, pure mindless entertainment.  And it was pretty perfect at that.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Wife and I went and saw the movie.  Wednesday night.  6:00.  We got into the biggest room at the theater near us.  It was 2/3 full.  Lots of people showed up.  And it was showing on multiple screens.

Man?  I loved it.  Without putting spoilers out there, the main villain in the void was excellent.  Loved the cameos.  Except for one, who was really reaching, but I think that was by design.

Loved the beginning.  It had a lot of normal Deadpool wit and jokes.  But Hugh was simply amazing as Wolverine.  How he can take that character and add the depth to it is incredible.

Saw the ending coming a mile away, but it was still done really well.

It ain't a "thinker" movie.  It is what it is, pure mindless entertainment.  And it was pretty perfect at that.

Complete and utter fan service, in the best sense of the phrase.

I dont really get the hate for this movie....I loved the cameos, thought the whole premise was funny of them being owned by another studio.

Im just gonna say, now that the base stories are all out of the way, the MCU is about to get waaayy more into straight up comic book guy territory. Its all multiverse and goofy shyzz from here on out pretty much. As a comic nerd I like it....but I expect the general population to kind of start falling off this wagon.

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I enjoyed it. Ran a little long. I still think Channing would have made a great Gambit. He was so good doing a goofy version of this.

The goofy version missed with me.  I'm not saying he did it wrong, it just missed for me.

Did you see the Wolverine Origins movie with another Gambit in it?  I liked that version a lot more.  Not the actor, but he was good, too, but rather that depiction of Gambit.

And even though I've said that, I hope we see Tatum/Gabit in a few more movies.  I feel like if he is done correctly, he could be used kind of like how Wolverine was used in all that X-Men movies over a long amount of time.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The goofy version missed with me.  I'm not saying he did it wrong, it just missed for me.

Did you see the Wolverine Origins movie with another Gambit in it?  I liked that version a lot more.  Not the actor, but he was good, too, but rather that depiction of Gambit.

And even though I've said that, I hope we see Tatum/Gabit in a few more movies.  I feel like if he is done correctly, he could be used kind of like how Wolverine was used in all that X-Men movies over a long amount of time.

I like Taylor Kitsch in some of his roles. I think Channing could pull off that type of Gambit. I think the fact that it was so over the top is why it as funny to me. He even had a bit of a fat face in the costume.

• Like 1