NFL Draft Talk (Mainly Titans)

KingTitan

16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

here's a question: given these 2 choices, which do you take?

A. joe alt at 7

B. olu fashanu after a trade back, giving us an additional day 2 pick

increasingly feels pretty hard for me to say no to B....even if alt is there at 7, tbh

It would depend on the day 2 pick. If it's anywhere in the top 80, then I'd probably do B if I knew Fashanu was going to be a Titan. If it's 81 or later, I'd rather take Alt and try to trade down in the 2nd. 

26 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

A. joe alt at 7

increasingly feels pretty hard for me to say no to B....even if alt is there at 7, tbh

B. I don’t see the fall off with Olu.

33 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

A. joe alt at 7

I take B. 

If you got another 2nd? And Fashanu. I call that a win. Or if you got a combo picks in 3rd and say 5th that could be used to get a low 2nd. (Two 2nd round kicks.) I'd love it. 

As good as Alt is, I think the drop off isn't that far and Fashanu could end up better? 

I mean it wasn't just a few months ago they were 1a and 1b. Only thing changed was people think his hands are on the smaller size. 

I also think the patriots are more of a threat to take Alt than the Chargers. Patriots aren’t close to being competitive and they need a LT.. They can go into the season with Jacoby as the starter and possibly be in line for top QB next year.

19 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I also think the patriots are more of a threat to take Alt than the Chargers. Patriots aren’t close to being competitive and they need a LT.. They can go into the season with Jacoby as the starter and possibly be in line for top QB next year.

I have a tough time imagining any team drafting any player that isn’t Marvin Harrison Jr. when Marvin Harrison Jr. is available to be picked.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

For someone like me, that doesn't like the person (as presented) nor the player that I see in college.
This makes me dislike him even more.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/caleb-williams-frustration-with-lincoln-riley-at-oklahoma-sooners-spencer-rattler

What's bad about this? You'd want that type of fire in your QB and future face of the franchise, why wouldn't you?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

What's bad about this? You'd want that type of fire in your QB and future face of the franchise, why wouldn't you?

Maybe me seeing the video first helped shape how I feel.
It just goes into that feeling of entitlement I get from him. The I'm better than everyone else, not as a player but as a person. 

Not so much how to start, but just the idea that he was supposed to almost given the job even with a projected NFL draft QB on the roster. 

I do love the fire, but from him (FOR ME) things like this are just another addition to the question marks I have for him.

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Maybe me seeing the video first helped shape how I feel.
It just goes into that feeling of entitlement I get from him. The I'm better than everyone else, not as a player but as a person. 

Not so much how to start, but just the idea that he was supposed to almost given the job even with a projected NFL draft QB on the roster. 

I do love the fire, but from him (FOR ME) things like this are just another addition to the question marks I have for him.

What's bad about the video, though?

I feel even better about it and him having watched this, now. He sounds very mature and introspective about it, talking about his feelings at the time and understanding where they were coming from and why.

This is not entitlement, at all. He sounds very aware of the situation he was walking into and why, he talks about preparing and viewing himself as the best in the country, which he eventually turned out to be anyway. 

I don't understand people not liking the kid, either as a prospect or as a person. Especially, I don't understand Bears fans acting pissed that this is going to be their quarterback of the future. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

What's bad about the video, though?

I feel even better about it and him having watched this, now. He sounds very mature and introspective about it, talking about his feelings at the time and understanding where they were coming from and why.

This is not entitlement, at all. He sounds very aware of the situation he was walking into and why, he talks about preparing and viewing himself as the best in the country, which he eventually turned out to be anyway. 

I don't understand people not liking the kid, either as a prospect or as a person. Especially, I don't understand Bears fans acting pissed that this is going to be their quarterback of the future. 

This is for me, I keep preferencing that, because I know it's not conventional to a lot of people. lol

The video, just gives me super entitlement vibes. Like he is owed something. He knew the situation going in and he felt like he deserved it now.  Ultimately ended up right, being better than Rattler but still. 

But for me, I didn't like how he played in college. I saw a stat where is average time to throw was almost double the NFL time. I don't care for his scramble to make plays style. That is where he gets most of his love and buzz. He was in Lincoln Riley's offense where it's not really NFL translatable to me. But that's not really a knock anymore because no college offense is.

The things he was praised for in college, I don't see him being able to do at all. 
I'm not in love with his arm to the level of where he can pull off those throws consistently or if at all. 

I'd love to see him operate more in an offense where he has to go through reads consistently while in the pocket, with pressure. 

As a person, I don't see leader. I see me guy and I think that will wear on grown men fast. I see a guy very concerned with his brand (I've seen that with Levis too, a concern). I see someone that feels the world is going owed to him and don't get that "dawg" work ethic from him. 
I see the personality of Aaron Rodgers with the talent of an NFL equivalent of a B-Level QB. Someone that is a starter level talent but not franchise lifting. (Goff, Carr, Cousins)

Edited by KingTitan

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This is for me, I keep preferencing that, because I know it's not conventional to a lot of people. lol

The video, just gives me super entitlement vibes. Like he is owed something. He knew the situation going in and he felt like he deserved it now.  Ultimately ended up right, being better than Rattler but still. 

But for me, I didn't like how he played in college. I saw a stat where is average time to throw was almost double the NFL time. I don't care for his scramble to make plays style. That is where he gets most of his love and buzz. He was in Lincoln Riley's offense where it's not really NFL translatable to me. But that's not really a knock anymore because no college offense is.

The things he was praised for in college, I don't see him being able to do at all. 
I'm not in love with his arm to the level of where he can pull off those throws consistently or if at all. 

I'd love to see him operate more in an offense where he has to go through reads consistently while in the pocket, with pressure. 

As a person, I don't see leader. I see me guy and I think that will wear on grown men fast. I see a guy very concerned with his brand (I've seen that with Levis too, a concern). I see someone that feels the world is going owed to him and don't get that "dawg" work ethic from him. 
I see the personality of Aaron Rodgers with the talent of an NFL equivalent of a B-Level QB. Someone that is a starter level talent but not franchise lifting. (Goff, Carr, Cousins)

He felt he deserved it, not that he was owed the starting spot, that's why I'm not sure where you see the entitlement coming from. He had the mindset he was going to go in, work hard and beat the then starting quarterback (at the time projected 1st round pick too). He felt he did that in the spring, and deserved the shot.

He also touches on continuing to prepare for the moment whenever it might come and understanding it's a slim window of opportunity and he needs to make the most of it. Again, that's introspective and mature.

The rest of it is obviously a well-thought analysis that simply happens to be way off, IMO. Not trying to sound like a know-all or anything, but I just don't understand your POV at all and I specifically don't understand the not-so-small minority that thinks like you. I very much respect you're putting thought and effort into having an articulate opinion of your own on the kid, I just think you're unequivocally wrong. :) 

He is pretty much everything you'd want in a (modern) NFL QB, and then some. He's special. He's Aaron Rodgers personality-wise and he's Aaron Rodgers talent-wise. He might not end up on the level of Aaron Rodgers as an NFL player, sure. But that's irrelevant. Aaron Rodgers-like prospects don't come around that often, so it doesn't make him any less special.