NFL Draft Talk (Mainly Titans)

KingTitan

4 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I was just talking to somebody about this the other day. Everybody beats the drum for Fashanu's high upside, but Alt's high upside at 21 years old gets completely lost because he was already dominating at the college level and his upside is just as high if not higher than Fashanu's because you've already seen him dominate in both pass pro and the run game. 

Not to mention he comes from a pedigree of a Dad that was a pro bowl tackle in the league. I just don't know how you pass on him at 7 if he's there. I love everything about him. 

Fashanu is like two months older than Alt. It's not like either has hit their ceiling already. It'd be impossible, since neither has actually measured up to NFL life yet.

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Analytically, he is the best player to take. Should be a great pro. If he doesn't work out, then I'd just assume something went terribly wrong, opposed to him not being able to play.

I do think there will be a guy or two that we don't pick, and we will look back in a few years and say, DAMN, wish we picked him. lol

Not to say we should pick them over Alt, but just saying say Odunze, Bowers or Latu end up being HOF players. While Alt is a good player that hits a pro bowl here and there. 

I'm sure we'd love that for Alt, but just an observation. Likely someone really pops that we pass on. It happens.  lol

If that happens, Ideally, we would've rethought our Draft strategy long before we can find it out. Like, drafting Lewan 2.0 doesn't sound bad at all, but the two following picks after Lewan 1.0 were Odell Beckham Jr. and Aaron Donald, so it'd still suck to look back on the pick 10 years from now and say "sure, he was a pretty good pick, but what if we landed the best defensive player of all time instead?".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

Listening to that draft presser I’m starting to think we aren’t goin tackle at 7. They always talk about how deep the class is and said there’s starting OTs in every round. Then they said they prefer OTs who can play both sides and we all knw Alt is LT. 

Also compared WR depth to last years draft.. I don’t remember last years draft much tho. Was it a deep class?

Smith-Njiba. Addison. Flowers. Johnston all 1st round. 

Mingo. Reed. Rashee Rice in the 2nd. 

Tank Dell. Hyatt. Tillman. Downs. In 3rd. 

Wicks and Pucka in 5th. 

All of them produced fairly well if not excellently. 

So I guess it was deep from 1st to 5th with true enough producers. 

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Height alone shouldn't be a disqualifier. I get that it can hamper, but only if it impacts the rest of his athleticism and flexibility. I don't see that with Alt.

I agree. Alt has good athletic ability. He does lunge more than I'd like. 

But tallest OT's. I think enough of these guys have had success. Not all franchise guys but a good number of Above average/Pro-Bowlish OTs

Name    Height    Weight    Team
Caleb Jones    6’9″    370    Packers
Daniel Faalele    6’8″    380    Ravens
Dawand Jones    6’8″    375    Browns
Trent Brown    6’8″    370    Patriots
Jordan Mailata    6’8″    365    Eagles
Orlando Brown    6’8″    345    Bengals
Rob Havenstein    6’8″    330    Rams
Cornelius Lucas    6’8″    328    Commanders
Kolton Miller    6’8″    325    Raiders
Matt Waletzko    6’8″    320    Cowboys
Luke Tenuta    6’8″    314    Packers
Spencer Brown    6’8″    311    Bills
Mike McGlinchey    6’8″    310    Broncos
Stone Forsythe    6’8″    307    Seahawks

26 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Vibes with the stuff said earlier by guy that they really like Lathum. 

I'd prefer trade out, but they seem high on Lathum. 

Also vibes with the press conference yesterday of them thinking guys who play RT in college can move over to LT. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Vibes with the stuff said earlier by guy that they really like Lathum. 

I'd prefer trade out, but they seem high on Lathum. 

Also vibes with the press conference yesterday of them thinking guys who play RT in college can move over to LT. 

If Papa Callahan thinks it's good I will just assume he knows much more than I lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I have a bad feeling we’re going Latham at 7. Alt goes 5, Nabers at 6, and we overdraft Latham.

As much as I am about a tackle over a receiver, I would take Odunze over Latham in a heartbeat.