Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Taco Bowl XXVII Posted)

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

*two other guys, had he decided to keep one of the stud safeties and a PS player.

And, had he been active, he could've also moved some of that talent for some sort of draft capital.

But, I guess that's my point: he missed out on *one guy. I'm suggesting that he's allowed to drop the coach and make a selection to compensate. I have no clue why this bothers some of you.

you're really not good at easing the mind of someone who just took over are you  lol

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

you're really not good at easing the mind of someone who just took over are you  lol

What? I have no interest in lying to the guy. I just care more about the health of the league than I do my own personal success.

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Or, we could just pause the draft until he's able to get caught up and make his picks. Not sure why we'd rush an owner that's stepping in last minute.

Let’s all go out and touch grass and meet back here in 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Do you recall what season that was?

I'll have to look it up but I think S16 or 17. I have info on all of my teams for each season.

It was Season 16. I took over in the 10th round and had 3 back picks to make.

Original owner had the 5th pick in each round but would always miss and end up picking 11th-12th.

Then missed rounds 7-10 all together and Nacho used the rules that already exist to auto draft a player in Round 7 before asking me to help out. I had no clue what I was doing. 

That team was horrible that year and the only player I still have from back then is Derrick Henry.

Rack has actually done this a season or two before. He should be fine drafting from where we are now in the draft.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

the year i took over, my keepers were selected and i didn't have five of my first 6 picks...lol

And we're lucky that you've decided to stick around. We need good owners to make this league last, and doing nothing while quality rosters are gutted doesn't help that.

Long story:

I joined a random (off-site) hockey sim about a month ago. Was bored. The Red Wings were available. Being a fan, it was an easy choice.

The roster was absolutely gutted. Zero legitimate prospects in the system. One of their buddies had taken over the team and sold off future assets to try and win it all, fell short, and abandoned the team for another one. The core group (8 or so guys with absolutely stacked rosters and prospect pools) don't seem to understand why they can't get new owners that want to stick around. (The guy that runs it does a fraction of the work that Nach does here.)

I'm just sayin'.

Alright @TheKillerNacho... one more suggestion to right what I feel is a wrong, then I'll shut my mouth (about this topic, not in general).

Should rackcs want, he should be allowed to swap Dan Quinn with an available player that was dropped from that roster after keepers went in place. Nothing crazy or unreasonable, but makes the keeper decisions seem far less absurd.