Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Taco Bowl XXVII Posted)

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... what? One tag can go for a 3rd/4th, depending on the circumstances, and that's a starting offer. I'm willing to negotiate.

Also: please stop trying to help new owners. Stop telling them what to do. Let them make their own mistakes.

Scala get off TL's account.

On 3/6/2024 at 5:01 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Oh. And, as for this: hell no. Tags matter. Finding ways to use the tag rules to your advantage is the essence of NSFL. If something isn't compliant with tag rules, I'll call it out.

You're such a stickler for following the rules and things being "tough"... until it comes to tags. I find that odd.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... what? One tag can go for a 3rd/4th, depending on the circumstances, and that's a starting offer. I'm willing to negotiate.

Also: please stop trying to help new owners. Stop telling them what to do. Let them make their own mistakes.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520kq15ndn1gpkd3917u

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520kq15ndn1gpkd3917u

Wait, what? I was (clearly) talking about trying to keep players for fewer tags than allowed by the rules, which is what Scal refers to as "tag policing" and asking me to stop doing. That has nothing to do with trying to trade tags for draft picks.

Strange take by you here.

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Wait, what? I was (clearly) talking about trying to keep players for fewer tags than allowed by the rules, which is what Scal refers to as "tag policing" and asking me to stop doing. That has nothing to do with trying to trade tags for draft picks.

Strange take by you here.

Values of tags fluctuates, but based on your opinion, the going rate for a tag is a 3rd or 4th round pick. But that's been for same season trades. Getting a *current* pick for a *future* single tag would mean depreciating value, and thus, terrible for new owners. Veteran owners see that offer and chuckle. New owners may not know better, and since you've established yourself as a go-to individual, may assume you are proposing a fair and balanced offer.

But maybe that's why it's silly, because everyone has a different opinion on what is best for their team and fair offers.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Values of tags fluctuates, but based on your opinion, the going rate for a tag is a 3rd or 4th round pick. But that's been for same season trades. Getting a *current* pick for a *future* single tag would mean depreciating value, and thus, terrible for new owners. Veteran owners see that offer and chuckle. New owners may not know better, and since you've established yourself as a go-to individual, may assume you are proposing a fair and balanced offer.

But maybe that's why it's silly, because everyone has a different opinion on what is best for their team and fair offers.

The last 3 seasons a 3rd only went for 1 tag once I believe and that was bc TL wanted to overpay for a tag near the deadline trying to run it back and it was the last pick of the round. This year all 3rds went for 2 tags and 4-6th usually went for 1. 6ths less often. That's my 3 preseason's of experience only though.

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

The last 3 seasons a 3rd only went for 1 tag once I believe and that was bc TL wanted to overpay for a tag near the deadline trying to run it back and it was the last pick of the round. This year all 3rds went for 2 tags and 4-6th usually went for 1. 6ths less often. That's my 3 preseason's of experience only though.

So a guy claiming the going rate for 1 tag was the same guy who overpaid and now figures others would do so?

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

This is so confusing.

I've paid a current 3rd round pick for 1 current tag in the past. I'm offering a future tag for a current 4th. Even with depreciation, it's not out of that relative value range.

It's also a starting offer, and one I intend on re-listing each round until 1) the stud I want is gone, or 2) someone takes the offer. Some people may have an idea as to who they'd like to keep and might need another tag to make that happen.

I think you think you have something here... and, well, you really don't. (I mean, you have Mahomes, so that's certainly something, but there's no 'gotchya' in this situation.)