2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What is interesting? Armstead has every right to feel that way and the Niners have/had every right to ask for a pay cut. Looks like he is saying the Niners were willing to keep him at 7M for 2024 and he ended up testing the market and got double that. So good for Armstead and I like the moves the FO made to get cheaper, more durable players in free agency. Win/win for both parties. 

Didn't say he didn't have a right. As prideful as he is, I'm still surprised that's the stance he took, which was interesting to me.

Good for Armstead getting more money. Hopefully it's good for JAX. Big gamble with his health starting to trend downward. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Availability is the most important ability. 

Funny-35.gif

Too bad we didn't keep Buckner instead. He's been a pretty consistent presence for the Colts. 

And also too bad Kinlaw was a whiff :(

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

LIS, he literally got double the offer the Niners made to him on the open market. Good for him and easy to see why he felt disrespected when another team was going to far exceed the offer the Niners made. But I don't blame the NIners either. It is a business and they ended up getting someone to fill Armstead's shoes for the amount they offered him. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LIS, he literally got double the offer the Niners made to him on the open market. Good for him and easy to see why he felt disrespected when another team was going to far exceed the offer the Niners made. But I don't blame the NIners either. It is a business and they ended up getting someone to fill Armstead's shoes for the amount they offered him

This is one of those times it is better to get off the ride a year early, rather than a year late. I totally understand why AA feels like he is worth more than what the niners offered. Kyle has said "we targeted guys in FA that we thought would be healthy".

AA has been durable for a long while, but he did have injury issues the last two years, as well as very early in his career. With multiple lower body injuries, it makes sense to move on. That doesnt mean he wasnt a key piece for us for a long time. He was incredible in the majority of our playoff games. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Aiyuk's opinion in a nut shell?

Ocho hyped him up - a lot! $30-32mil, not realistic of course and he (Ocho) wants 3% lol 

Aiyuk just mentions that he wants to be paid, what he’s worth - safe answer. 

The video that I clipped is just a snippet, about a min long. The whole interview is more than likely on YouTube 

Edited by StevenK
  • Like 2

First refusal tag only, I believe. 

That would have given him 3 million guaranteed on the tender, I think, so contract likely involves more than that

Thats a good signing, if Detroit doesnt match.. Wright is a very large person and more than willing to lay out guys blocking... decent enough RZ target in those jumbo packages too. He'd be fine as TE2 with Willis continuing to develop.. I don't really have any hope for Latu

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, adamq said:

Thats a good signing, if Detroit doesnt match.. Wright is a very large person and more than willing to lay out guys blocking... decent enough RZ target in those jumbo packages too. He'd be fine as TE2 with Willis continuing to develop.. I don't really have any hope for Latu

Also would be Juice back-up, played halfback and fullback at Notre Dame.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Forge said:

First refusal tag only, I believe. 

That would have given him 3 million guaranteed on the tender, I think, so contract likely involves more than that

If we sign wright, I'd assume our likelihood of drafting a tight end is basically non existent outside of round 6/7

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we sign wright, I'd assume our likelihood of drafting a tight end is basically non existent outside of round 6/7

Yeah, at that point it is not happening. You then have Latu/Willis pushing Dwelley for the 3rd TE spot. The TE2 need will be filled with this signing. 

One less need going into the draft.

Kind of easy to see where they are leaning....And yes, RB will be picked in the 4th round at the latest lol. 

• Like 1