2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Maybe but it's something to seriously consider.

What's better.... Drafting the 4th best CB or EDGE rusher in the draft and hoping they work out or just trading the pick for a player who is already proven at the NFL level? 

To me it all comes down to the money aspect... Do you want to spend that much money on the CB position or not. If you're comfortable investing the money in the position I say make the offer... Statistically speaking the chances of whoever you draft at 29 being as impactful as Sneed would be are pretty low and it's not like he's over the hill... He's 27. 

Plus the Lions just had a home run draft last year and have done very well overall in the Holmes era, law of averages will bite us soon enough on a draft pick.

Of course that's all assuming we're talking about pick 29... Holmes and Campbell are aggressive and if one of the top CBs or EDGE rushers falls a little I would not be surprised at all to see them trade up to get them (in fact I fully expect it).

I feel like if we are spending our first, I would find a better CB to go after.  I would rather give a 1st plus for Surtain and given Denver is in full rebuild mode, he likely is available.  I'd rather just sign Kendall Fuller and/or Stephen Gilmore and have our picks still.  I'd rather trade a later pick for Lattimore even though he has had injury issues. I'd rather offer a lesser pick for Rasul Douglas from the Bills given they are going to be in a tough cap situation.  I'd rather give a mid/late pick to bring Darius Slay back for the last year of his contract since he would be a June 1 cut in 25 to avoid the void year money.  Overall I think there are many options for improving at CB without giving up a 1st round pick and a bunch of our cap.  

11 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions re-sign Glasgow 3 years $20 million ($9.5 million guaranteed). Good raise for him, solid starter for us. I like it. 

Thats a little steeper than I would have hoped for but still not bad for the benefit he provides at two positions.  

8 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Armstead was the player who tried to do a smear campaign against Dan Skipper calling him a racist and using racial slurs when they had never played each other. No thanks. 

From what I've researched, he retracted on that because he was basing it on hearsay.

4 minutes ago, General Tso said:

From what I've researched, he retracted on that because he was basing it on hearsay.

Deleting your tweet isn’t the same as retracting your statement or admitting you lied. 

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Deleting your tweet isn’t the same as retracting your statement or admitting you lied. 

I dont think we'll get him, but if we did, I don't really care about this incident. It means Holmes and co. would have looked into it.

40 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions re-sign Glasgow 3 years $20 million ($9.5 million guaranteed). Good raise for him, solid starter for us. I like it. 

I like this move and this is in line with what the OG market seems to be looking like right now. There's a bunch of dudes who are about to get paid (including Jonah). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I like this move and this is in line with what the OG market seems to be looking like right now. There's a bunch of dudes who are about to get paid (including Jonah). 

Glasgow was almost a necessity with Ragnow's injuries.

• Like 3