2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

This isn't news but curious to get your thoughts

How would you feel if the Bears did the following:

- Traded for Tee Higgins (Higgins has demanded a trade, Bears have WR need and cap space)

- Signed D'Andre Swift in FA (Bears are rumoured to be in Swift market in FA)

- Drafted Caleb Williams at #1 overall

Edited by Karnage84

12 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Signed D'Andre Swift in FA (Bears are rumoured to be in Swift market in FA

Seems more than a rumor at this point. 

I think the Bears would still need to improve their o line before I started to think highly of their offense.

15 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

- Traded for Tee Higgins (Higgins has demanded a trade, Bears have WR need and cap space)

The same as when they drafted Fields, traded for Moore, etc. until they fix that OL and prove they can play, I don’t care. 🤷🏿‍♂️ 

19 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I would rather trade for Tee Higgins.  Higgins, ASB, Jamo and LaPorta would be insane

27 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I was just thinking this.  I think it would make the Bears very dangerous.  They could still land like Alt or another OT or the top Defensive player.  It's a scary thought.

15 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Seems more than a rumor at this point. 

I think the Bears would still need to improve their o line before I started to think highly of their offense.

3 years x $24M with $16M in years 1 and 2 ($8.25M APY)

21 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Tee Higgins added to that offense would definitely make them tough.  But see point three for my reasons not to be scared of it. 

Swift coming in is meh to me.  He has exciting runs early in the season but fades away quickly.  He needs a great O line to make holes for him and the Bears don't have that.  I actually like Herbert and Roschon Johnson together if they get a better line to block for them.  

I think Caleb will be worse than Fields so by all means, I hope they draft him. Caleb can't read defenses and has no anticipation on his throws.  If we can take away his first option, he is screwed.  And then his pouty demeanor and lack of leadership will show its face and he will be no trouble. 

I think the biggest thing Chicago needs is competent coaching and a consistent OC for a few years to develop a QB.  Fields was ruined by having to switch systems every year and nothing being built around him.  If they do the same with Williams, they will be in the same boat. 

My bad, the tampering period opened at noon.  Had my days mixed up.  I think that is a vast overpay for Swift given his inability to stay on the field and inability to run between the tackles.  It's funny that they didn't want to give Monty $5M last year but gave Swift $8+M this offseason.