2024 NFL Combine Thread

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Washington just signed Marriota and I think they will roll with Howell again opposed to drafting a QB there.  I don't see them carrying Maye/Daniels, Marriota, and Howell on the roster.  Howell I think will become a Kirk Cousins. 

Justin Fields likely will have an impact still maybe in New York or New England. 

The Giants also may not make a change at QB.  If they don't love one that is available, they could pass and hope that Lock or Jones takes a step forward and if not grab one later in the draft like Milton or Hartman to try and find their Brock Purdy. 

I'll be willing to bet that we have some QBs drop like we did two years ago.  

Seattle is a low key option for Fields IMO. You can't ride with Geno forever and can take a low risk trading fields. 

12 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I was just reading about UGA's pro day results.  Kamari Lassiter is looking a lot like Tre'Davious White when he entered the draft.  He has really good movement skills and seems to have a pretty solid football IQ.

I like him as a 2nd round guy. I don't know if he'll be there for us when it's our turn. 

37 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I like him as a 2nd round guy. I don't know if he'll be there for us when it's our turn. 

There was some stuff posted about him running a 4.61 at his pro day but apparently it was more like 4.5  Not great but not bad either.  

8 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

There was some stuff posted about him running a 4.61 at his pro day but apparently it was more like 4.5  Not great but not bad either.  

He was never going to be a RAS freak, which is fine. 

10 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I know for WR that 40 time is the least correlated combine measure with NFL success.  I am guessing the CB situation is the same.  Not to say we would want super slow guys but the difference in how far back a CB would be on a 30 yard downfield route with top speed of a 4.4 and 4.6 guy is minimal.  The 10 yard split is probably more important because if you start in stride that gives less of a window of being open for a QB to make a read and throw the ball.  

This was shown well in the combine overlay of Corum and one of the fastest basks doing the positional drills where they don't know which way they are going.  Corum had better vision and reaction to which way the coaches wanted him to go and he ended up 5 yards further downfield than the faster 40 guy.  So yes long straight speed is good but these guys are all so fast that in the short part of the field, it just doesn't drive my desire on guys.  

I am hoping the Lions were paying attention to the Arkansas Pro Day.  Cam Little would look good as a Lion.  

"Little put on a clinic with an 12 of 15 performance on kicks inside the pavilion. Two of his misses came from 58 and 66 yards, thought both had plenty of leg. The 66-yarder hit the right upright and glanced away and the 58-yarder just drifted right. He also missed a hurry-on style kick wide right from 42 yards that featured a holder.

The highlight of his workout was a 61-yarder from the left hash that went right down the middle with several yards to spare. Current Razorback defensive tackle Cam Ball provided commentary as part of the huge crowd of onlookers.

"Down the pike! I see ya boy!" Ball shouted. Then he turned to teammates Eric Gregory and Nico Davillier to add, "We're going to miss that."

Someone else in the crowd said, "They call him Baby Justin Tucker," in reference to the Baltimore Ravens' kicker who is the most accurate in NFL history at 90.2%.

Little said his performance paralleled what he did at the combine in Indianapolis.

"I was hitting the ball with really good elevation," Little said. "I thought that was one of the best aspects of my kicking today. I feel like I got the ball up quick and had a lot of power on the ball. I missed that 66 yarder off the right upright about three or four yards up and obviously missed a 58."

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2024/mar/14/nfl-scouts-check-out-uas-pro-day/#:~:text=Offensive lineman Beaux Limmer%2C who,in front of the scouts.

23 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I was just reading about UGA's pro day results.  Kamari Lassiter is looking a lot like Tre'Davious White when he entered the draft.  He has really good movement skills and seems to have a pretty solid football IQ.

I mentioned him months ago and people on this board were against him 😂

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I mentioned him months ago and people on this board were against him 😂

I remember that.  I suppose everyone is looking for the prototypical lockdown CB--6 feet tall with longish arms and blazing speed.  I don't think I was against him.  He is a smart player but a little under-sized with his weight and arm-length.  Still, he mirrors pretty well and has pretty loose hips.  Lassiter and Renardo Green seem like similar players.  Green has better length and explosiveness but Lassiter has better change-of-direction skills.  Personally, I like Max Melton better than both of them.  

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I remember that.  I suppose everyone is looking for the prototypical lockdown CB--6 feet tall with longish arms and blazing speed.  I don't think I was against him.  He is a smart player but a little under-sized with his weight and arm-length.  Still, he mirrors pretty well and has pretty loose hips.  Lassiter and Renardo Green seem like similar players.  Green has better length and explosiveness but Lassiter has better change-of-direction skills.  Personally, I like Max Melton better than both of them.  

A number of media pundits are starting to come around on Max Melton also.  He looks like a solid 2nd-round pick at this point.  I am not sure he makes it to 61.  Heck, with the way CBs rise he could sneak into late Rd 1.  He was projected as a 1st-round pick last year and he had better season in his final year.  He also had an unoffical RAS score of 9.65.  

Edited by Just Want A Title

Jalen Coker, the WR from Holy Cross is someone I have been looking into more.  He isn't the fastest with a 4.57 forty but had the fourth best 10 yard split, has an insane vertical of 42.5 leading all WR and a top 10 WR broad jump.  On top of that, I recently saw Steve Smith doing an analysis on some under the radar WRs and he had Coker as one of the best in this class.  Said the way he runs his routes with crispness and fluidity is unmatched and creates a lot of separation.  He also compared him to Tim Duncan in the way he went up and snatched balls.  Sounds a lot like a guy that would be a great replacement for Josh Reynolds.  Given Smith has called success for guys like Tank Dell and Puka Nacua last year and famously having Cooper Kupp as his top WR in that class, I will say I do trust his analysis more than others. If Coker is around at bick 164 or if we trade back and get another pick in the 100-150 range, I would be all for taking a shot on Coker.  

He also had high praise for Malachai Corley from Western Kentucky and was not high at all on Xavier Worthy (said the tape doesn't support his rise and his forty will get him overdrafted) and Johnny Wilson (said he can't chew gum and walk at the same time).  

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Jalen Coker, the WR from Holy Cross is someone I have been looking into more.  He isn't the fastest with a 4.57 forty but had the fourth best 10 yard split, has an insane vertical of 42.5 leading all WR and a top 10 WR broad jump.  On top of that, I recently saw Steve Smith doing an analysis on some under the radar WRs and he had Coker as one of the best in this class.  Said the way he runs his routes with crispness and fluidity is unmatched and creates a lot of separation.  He also compared him to Tim Duncan in the way he went up and snatched balls.  Sounds a lot like a guy that would be a great replacement for Josh Reynolds.  Given Smith has called success for guys like Tank Dell and Puka Nacua last year and famously having Cooper Kupp as his top WR in that class, I will say I do trust his analysis more than others. If Coker is around at bick 164 or if we trade back and get another pick in the 100-150 range, I would be all for taking a shot on Coker.  

He also had high praise for Malachai Corley from Western Kentucky and was not high at all on Xavier Worthy (said the tape doesn't support his rise and his forty will get him overdrafted) and Johnny Wilson (said he can't chew gum and walk at the same time).  

I mentioned Coker a while back. I think he has something to offer despite the 40 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Talk of McCarthy going top 5 is awesome to see. Not sure it will happen but glad to see him get love. 

Man, I just don’t see it in him. I mean, I’m higher on him coming out than Lance a few years ago, but I don’t see McCarthy as anything more than pedestrian at best. And I’m a UofM fan.

I guess that’s good for us though.

• Like 1