Predict the Patriots' future post-Tom Brady

Apparition

Just now, Starless said:

Still, I think it's easier to hire a good coach if you're a franchise with stable ownership and a track record of success. These things tend to snowball.

I absolutely agree. It'll be interested to see if Kraft hires a young coordinator in hopes to find the next Bellichick or if he goes with a retread who knows how to run the show. 

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Parcells and Belichick are two of the GOATS. You can't really expect the next HC to have the same success. It's possible sure but Kraft is just as likely to hire a dud then he is a competent coach.

Well 3 coaches worked for Kraft. Currently all 3 went to multiple Super Bowls and have at least one win. 

Just now, lancerman said:

Well 3 coaches worked for Kraft. Currently all 3 went to multiple Super Bowls and have at least one win. 

I wouldn't say Carol worked for Kraft. Gone after 3 seasons and got worse record wise each year. And Parcells was the HOF coach before coming to New England. I would also say its fair to debate that Bellichick would have been the same kind of coach had he gone to Green Bay or Pittsburgh or somewhere else with stable ownership. 

Again, my point is that while it's nice to have Kraft as owner, its no guarantee that the next HC will be a success. That will very likely depend on the coach themselves. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

I wouldn't say Carol worked for Kraft. Gone after 3 seasons and got worse record wise each year. And Parcells was the HOF coach before coming to New England. I would also say its fair to debate that Bellichick would have been the same kind of coach had he gone to Green Bay or Pittsburgh or somewhere else with stable ownership. 

Again, my point is that while it's nice to have Kraft as owner, its no guarantee that the next HC will be a success. That will very likely depend on the coach themselves. 

In fairness, Carroll's failure in New England was more due to Bobby Grier being his personnel guy.

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Parcells and Belichick are two of the GOATS. You can't really expect the next HC to have the same success. It's possible sure but Kraft is just as likely to hire a dud then he is a competent coach.

This is just silly. How many duds have the Rooney’s hired? 

I actually expect BB to continue coaching post-Brady. I'll give him another 5 years or so. I think he'd be a lost sole without the team building, player interaction, tactical masterminding of games. So immediate fufure post-Brady, kind of a playoff team but not the dominating team we've been.

When we get a new HC, our philosophy will probably drastically change. We may actually draft players who we expect to draft, for example. We may stop using versatile players. We may have an ordinary special team. We will become just another team vying for the playoffs.

30 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

and I'm sure the golden fairy dust he passes on will allow the son to not make a mistake either,right?

Why the condescension? His son already has a huge hand in running operations, and I'm pretty sure seeing first hand how his father ran things, and how successful that was, he is going to do his best to imitate it.

Will he make mistakes? Of course....Do I think he has a very good base of knowledge to work with? Of course.

8 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'm not concerned for Pats future post-Brady, BB will still be able to keep the team competitive, even if not necessarily a perpetual superbowl contender.  My concern would be the Pats post-Belichick.

If Brady retires first, you know certain goons will be in full force waiting for Bill's team to slip. Just to be able to say "See, I told you he was simply riding a HOF QB this entire time".

3 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

It all depends on Belichick.  With him here the Patriots will still be competitive.  Without him, honestly which free agents will want to come to New England and live in Foxboro?  You're basically just gambling hoping draft picks work out.

Dem Foxboro girls doe...

...said no one ever.:D

7 hours ago, lancerman said:

Only one of them won any for the Pats though.

This is just a very unrepresentative way of describing the narrative. Parcells won his superbowls before becoming the Pats head coach, so it isn't like Kraft did some excellent scouting work for head coaches there or anything. And I would use that to prop Kraft up given that Parcells left in large part due to disagreements with Kraft. And Carroll was fired by Kraft before going on to find success elsewhere. So those aren't really successful hires in the sense that Belichek was.

Archived