Is Taysom Hill a valuable player?

General Tso

The Saints cap situation is so bad that even if they wanted to get off the "restructure/void years" train, they couldn't. In order to just get under the cap, they will have to add future cap hits to players they normally wouldn't want to. And the guys they are already committed to long term aren't wonderful.

As bad a cap hell as I can remember

• Like 4

He's not that valuable, no.

But also think this speaks to how "underpaid" Kelce and CMC are.  It doesn't really matter for Kelce anymore because of his age, but CMC should be making a lot more than he is but is a victim of playing RB.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

I think he's valuable in the sense that he essentially takes one roster spot up for about 3-4 normal roster positions - backup QB, backup TE, key Special Teams player.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

He's not that valuable, no.

But also think this speaks to how "underpaid" Kelce and CMC are.  It doesn't really matter for Kelce anymore because of his age, but CMC should be making a lot more than he is but is a victim of playing RB.

Kelce made more for the Pfizer commercial than his entire contract I learned the other week. Crazy stuff.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think he's valuable in the sense that he essentially takes one roster spot up for about 3-4 normal roster positions - backup QB, backup TE, key Special Teams player.

Kelce made more for the Pfizer commercial than his entire contract I learned the other week. Crazy stuff.

His value and brand are at an all time high so makes sense. 

Also googling it lead to like 20 articles saying he's a sellout and looked like trash this year. Loooooooool.

Taysom hill is a legitimate difference maker for the saints, without him they'd definitely have less salary cap problems.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Just to clarify, it's rumored he made more for the Pfizer commercials than his salary this year. Not the whole contract lol. His contract is like $60M.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Just to clarify, it's rumored he made more for the Pfizer commercials than his salary this year. Not the whole contract lol. His contract is like $60M.

Oh for some reason I looked up his contract and thought it said $24M and he made I think $25M for the commercials

2 hours ago, massraider said:

The Saints cap situation is so bad that even if they wanted to get off the "restructure/void years" train, they couldn't. In order to just get under the cap, they will have to add future cap hits to players they normally wouldn't want to. And the guys they are already committed to long term aren't wonderful.

As bad a cap hell as I can remember

Yeah, this is the real weight of what New Orleans is done. I've talked about this for a few years, and my assumption was they would have to take a down year to pay it all off like we've seen with the Patriots, the Bucs, and the Rams, at various points in time. One year with minimal free agency activity, let some old players move on, eat the dead cap and live to rebuild another year. But they kept pushing, and pushing, and pushing, and now they literally don't even have that option anymore. Right now would be a great time to move on from their aging and creatively disappointing $55M cap hit QB room. But cutting any of Carr, Hill, or Winston costs them money. They could June 1st cut any one of them, save a little money, spread the cap hits out, but they're already over the 2025 salary cap, so that doesn't really solve anything either. Might be a good time to say goodbye to Cameron Jordan, team legend, but not really going to be around for the next superbowl window, but you still owe him $38M worth of various guarantees (technically $36M right now, but it'll be closer to $38M in about a month.)

Such a uniquely bad cap situation. And so hilariously self-inflicted and predictable. It's as bad as you can remember because we've never seen anything like it.

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, this is the real weight of what New Orleans is done. I've talked about this for a few years, and my assumption was they would have to take a down year to pay it all off like we've seen with the Patriots, the Bucs, and the Rams, at various points in time. One year with minimal free agency activity, let some old players move on, eat the dead cap and live to rebuild another year. But they kept pushing, and pushing, and pushing, and now they literally don't even have that option anymore. Right now would be a great time to move on from their aging and creatively disappointing $55M cap hit QB room. But cutting any of Carr, Hill, or Winston costs them money. They could June 1st cut any one of them, save a little money, spread the cap hits out, but they're already over the 2025 salary cap, so that doesn't really solve anything either. Might be a good time to say goodbye to Cameron Jordan, team legend, but not really going to be around for the next superbowl window, but you still owe him $38M worth of various guarantees (technically $36M right now, but it'll be closer to $38M in about a month.)

Such a uniquely bad cap situation. And so hilariously self-inflicted and predictable. It's as bad as you can remember because we've never seen anything like it.

And every time someone brought it up, the response was "The cap is a myth!"

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He’s immunized.