2024 Salary Cap revealed, Up $30.6M

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, Soko said:

Just stresses how much bargain FAs and draft picks are going to be towards championship runs. The superstars are gonna keep getting paid more and more, and even the mid tier FA guys are going to see huge pay increases. Who’d have thought 10 years ago that MVS, DJ Chark, Juju, and Russell Gage would be $10M+/year players? 

Every year the championship team gets quality play out of bargain FAs. Chiefs got some good play from Drue Tranquill and Mike Edwards. The Bucs team had Antonio Brown, Leonard Fournette, Ndamukung Suh making plays for them. That Rams team had been getting great play from Robert Woods and Leonard Floyd. Doesn’t always have to be cheap, bargain guys. But just players that sign below market value for one reason or another. And then obviously getting good play from guys on rookie deals. 

I definitely agree with this. Drue Tranquill and Mike Edwards were huge low cost FA signings for the Chiefs that really paid big dividends for us this year. Mike Pennel was huge in the playoffs when Derrick Nnadi went down and had a huge Super Bowl performance against the 49ers. Rashee Rice was our top WR (albeit with a really bad WR corps) and became a real playmaker for us as he progressed through his rookie year. Even Wayna Morris stepped in at LT when Donovan Smith was hurt and showed enough to be a potential option at LT moving forward.

20 hours ago, e16bball said:

Wonder how much Taylor Swift had to pay the NFL to increase the cap to such an extent that the Chiefs can bring back both Jones and Sneed…

NFL probably paid her given how much revenue she brought in this year.

18 minutes ago, Xenos said:

NFL probably paid her given how much revenue she brought in this year.

Certainly would make more sense. 

Unfortunately, I live just outside of Baltimore, where “wonder how much Taylor Swift spent to pay off [insert person]” gripes are very much still in style.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 2:49 PM, e16bball said:

Wonder how much Taylor Swift had to pay the NFL to increase the cap to such an extent that the Chiefs can bring back both Jones and Sneed…

In all seriousness though, how much of this actually had to do with the "Swifty Bump"?  😆

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 12:40 PM, game3525 said:

This helps out the Chargers a lot. Mike Williams and Erik Kendricks might be the only cap casualties. 

That is the kind of thing that is really changed with this move.  Now a lot of teams have a little more wiggle room to not make some salary cuts or not defer money to future seasons.  I doubt there are any teams that were sitting at like -2 million that are going to jump on this and offer a FA all the new money that they just received.  

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 6:38 PM, e16bball said:

Certainly would make more sense. 

Unfortunately, I live just outside of Baltimore, where “wonder how much Taylor Swift spent to pay off [insert person]” gripes are very much still in style.

Its not Fredneck by chance? I'm from Ireland but knew a guy out that way ages ago through school years ago, even went to a MNF game with him (where my Packers lost 51-3... but at least brought out a young rookie wearing 12 for his first real snaps of his career).

I can only imagine them all fervently shouting their support for San Francisco of all cities a few weeks ago. 😂