Are we ready for DA vs Quinn part two?

Lots of reports that Flacco wants to come back and that the Browns want him back.

Watson has one bad game or hell even a bad couple of passes those booo’s will get loud. Could get interesting. Not sure how many people are left on this forum from when DA vs Quinn was a thing but they were fun debates 

Watson is done. He’s 4 years removed from being a reliable above average qb. Hes injury prone and stupid mistake prone. We seen Flacco come in with zero prep work and about a 5 year layoff and look better than Watson ever did with us. We can’t keep waiting around for him to shake off the rust. Hes going into his 3rd year. We need Flacco as an insurance policy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Watson is done. He’s 4 years removed from being a reliable above average qb. Hes injury prone and stupid mistake prone. We seen Flacco come in with zero prep work and about a 5 year layoff and look better than Watson ever did with us. We can’t keep waiting around for him to shake off the rust. Hes going into his 3rd year. We need Flacco as an insurance policy. 

Yeah I’m not interested in putting all of our eggs in the Watson basket if Flacco is willing to back him up at a reasonable price.

even if we bring back Flacco it is not going to be anything remotely close to DA vs. Quinn.... First place After DA had his pro bowl season in 2007 going into 2008 DA was still only 25 years old had for all intents and purposes had his whole career still ahead of him he was not 39 turning 40in the sunset of his career, secondly we had not even a grain of sands worth of what we invested into Watson in on Quinn. I personally wish that savage had sold while DA's stock was high because DA's play a lot like Flacco's with the turnover) is not sustainable.  Joe caught fire in a bottle and it was a magical ride but I am not confident that he will be able to replicate that.  That being said I would be perfectly fine wit Flacco coming back as the #2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

even if we bring back Flacco it is not going to be anything remotely close to DA vs. Quinn.... First place After DA had his pro bowl season in 2007 going into 2008 DA was still only 25 years old had for all intents and purposes had his whole career still ahead of him he was not 39 turning 40in the sunset of his career, secondly we had not even a grain of sands worth of what we invested into Watson in on Quinn. I personally wish that savage had sold while DA's stock was high because DA's play a lot like Flacco's with the turnover) is not sustainable.  Joe caught fire in a bottle and it was a magical ride but I am not confident that he will be able to replicate that.  That being said I would be perfectly fine wit Flacco coming back as the #2

Yeah but we are in a Super Bowl window, that team wasn’t. That changes things and it’s more the crowd reaction I’m worried about 

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah but we are in a Super Bowl window, that team wasn’t. That changes things and it’s more the crowd reaction I’m worried about 

This fanbase has never been patient, expectations of winning doesn’t change that.

Besides, most of this fanbase thinks Watson is gross and have wanted to see him replaced for a couple years now.  What changes?

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I get the hate for Watson to a certain extent...but statements like that just are not true...Above Average is not a Former NFL passing leader....above average is not a 3 hear healthy period where he averaged 4,280 passing, 470 yards rushing and over 30 TD's a year (and won a passing title)......that Sir is not "reliable above Average qb" that is Franchise QB Eliete numbers. 

We shouldn't let our personal feelings get us to make statements that dont make sense. And its 3 years removed....he led the league in passing 4 years ago....and we know he sat out a year with the controversial foolishness. Not Hurt...not had a bad year.....Foolishness with the Texans owner. 

Humbly Submitted....

• Like 2

We've got a rather talented roster.  Much more so than the Broncos that somehow managed to thump us this year.

So, I don't necessarily think that this will become the case over the next year or two....but

Speculating here....the club just watched the Broncos eat Russell Wilson's contract money in dead cap space.  

If we don't go and win the "whole F-ing" thing (h/t Jake Taylor) in the next year or two, do we start "offloading some of our still talented players and have to go back to the "rebuild" of the Hue Jackson era (without Hue, fortunately) until we find the "next" QB to take us to the promised land?

I think that we need to go

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611p1k4jnhgrsutq1r01b

this year (and next)....with Watson (and perhaps Flacco in the wings).

Things could possibly look bleak soon after.  (Life long disappointment of being a Browns fan since the 1960's begins to creep into my thoughts)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I get the hate for Watson to a certain extent...but statements like that just are not true...Above Average is not a Former NFL passing leader....above average is not a 3 hear healthy period where he averaged 4,280 passing, 470 yards rushing and over 30 TD's a year (and won a passing title)......that Sir is not "reliable above Average qb" that is Franchise QB Eliete numbers. 

We shouldn't let our personal feelings get us to make statements that dont make sense. And its 3 years removed....he led the league in passing 4 years ago....and we know he sat out a year with the controversial foolishness. Not Hurt...not had a bad year.....Foolishness with the Texans owner. 

Humbly Submitted....

There are definitely enough qualifiers to still believe in Watson the player, I don’t disagree, but I do think we’re getting to the “sht or get off the pot” portion of the program though. 3 seasons is a long time in the NFL.

I do think that having a reliable backup is a necessity either way.  Even if Watson is good and relatively healthy, it’s not unusual for a QB to miss a game or two due to injury or whatever and having a guy who can step in and win games is a huge plus when we’re going to be needing every win for a playoff spot.  We can’t just run it back with DTR next season and hope he’s improved, and I say this as someone who still has hope for DTR.

I guess my bigger point is you can still have hope for Watson being good and also be in favor of a solid plan B if there’s an issue, any issue.

• Like 2

1. Watson will likely start cold as he recovers 

2. May have permanent damage and be reduced as thrower 

3. Has been injured a lot. Injuries tend to build. Hopefully he is working hard on his body to improve recovery

4. Kevin gives iim some suicide runs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Humbly Submitted....

I couldn’t care less about his off field issues. He hasn’t been good for us. I’m not saying he want a good qb before here. I’m just saying 4 years is too long of a layoff from being his former self. That’s an eternity is sports years. How many players have a 4 year layoff from previously being a good player? It’s extremely rare. He only showed small glimpses of looking like his old self last year. He had a lot more terrible moments of throwing right at the defense or throwing the ball behind himself for some dumb reason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I couldn’t care less about his off field issues. He hasn’t been good for us. I’m not saying he want a good qb before here. I’m just saying 4 years is too long of a layoff from being his former self. That’s an eternity is sports years. How many players have a 4 year layoff from previously being a good player? It’s extremely rare. He only showed small glimpses of looking like his old self last year. He had a lot more terrible moments of throwing right at the defense or throwing the ball behind himself for some dumb reason. 

He's been in the league for 7 seasons and started more than 6 games 3 times. One was his rookie season, one year he sat out for whatever reason, one year he was suspended and last year he was injured.

He's pretty much covered every way to miss most of a season besides losing his job from performance and that won't happen with a 67 million dollar cap hit. So while he has been below average the last two years (being nice) he also hasn't been on the field much.

He hasn't earned diddly since he's been here. Total absolute bust. He does get at least two more years to turn it around so we'll see. With all things considered, we invested in a broken off the field product like he was an elite on the field product. He has been better off the field (as far as we know) than on since he got here. Cringey and takes no responsibility but at least no more charges and hopefully no more victims.

I do care more about the off of the field stuff than on the field stuff. Either way, his last few years have been bad on both.

• Like 1