Offseason Thread - Free Agency and Trades

CBears019

2 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Packers losing Jon Runyan to the Giants in addition to releasing Bakhtiari. Not insignificant, but they've always done a good job of staying competent on the OL.

They are kind of like Patriots used to be.  Signing one of their OL in FA doesn't yield same results they got.  And next man up seems to always do at least okay.  

Maybe because they don't get to hold all the time for other teams. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

They are kind of like Patriots used to be.  Signing one of their OL in FA doesn't yield same results they got.  And next man up seems to always do at least okay.  

Maybe because they don't get to hold all the time for other teams. 

I also think their OC Stenavich is one of the best in the league at developing OL. I hope someone offers him a playcalling gig somewhere soon. Get him the hell out of the NFCN.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This is meant to be scary.  It doesn't scare me.  Cousins has had greatest career moneywise for his talent from being a mid-round draft pick.

He has played it perfectly at each step.  Only one better may be Dak Prescott.  

Yea, how is this "New Look"? Cousins is the only new part (and they still need to figure out their C spot) 

Pitts and London are going into years 4/3.

Its always amazing to me how each year the News guys get more and more comfortable just admitting to the world which Agents they are in the pocket of

• Like 1

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, how is this "New Look"? Cousins is the only new part (and they still need to figure out their C spot) 

Pitts and London are going into years 4/3.

Its always amazing to me how each year the News guys get more and more comfortable just admitting to the world which Agents they are in the pocket of

You notice they are putting 'stud' and 'star' in tweets about signings.    It is copy and pasted directly from agents.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Packers outright released Aaron Jones. It'll be Jacobs' sole backfield.

I really like Jacobs but for me this is a push...Jones was excellent as well and always good against us.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I really like Jacobs but for me this is a push...Jones was excellent as well and always good against us.

It's an age thing. Jacobs turned 26 a month ago, Jones will be 30 in December.

Remember him?

That was a good draft pick by Pace.

I thought he was going to play a lot better in 2019 in offseason when I thought we were going to have a really good team that year.