Offseason Thread - Free Agency and Trades

CBears019

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Can’t say that’s upsetting to me. He’s been killing us for years. 

Primarily Jones, Rodgers and Clark.   They always seem to play best against us.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Not a big RB guy, but Barkley would have been an exciting sign. 

I like the Swift play just fine, but I dont know that I would ever say that I "prefer" him over Saquon, even if it is for $4m less

I do wish we were more in on Jacobs though, thats a true Plan B, Swift is easily in the 3rd tier of RBs in Free Agency

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

OG market has gone insane

I really dont understand why GMs are paying Guards like this, thats not really ever the place that teams are hurting on the OL, its Center mostly and then the OTs.

Makes me very worried about what Jenkins will be asking for next year, especially if he stays relatively healthy in 2024

• Like 1

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

I like the Swift play just fine, but I dont know that I would ever say that I "prefer" him over Saquon, even if it is for $4m less

I do wish we were more in on Jacobs though, thats a true Plan B, Swift is easily in the 3rd tier of RBs in Free Agency

Swift has always been a guy who could be great and never really has been.   A lot of people still banking on his talent suddenly emerging and him being amazing.  He is good, but don't know if we are going to see that. 

Montgomery is the opposite.  A guy people think is too slow and not that valuable and just keeps making plays.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

I really dont understand why GMs are paying Guards like this, thats not really ever the place that teams are hurting on the OL, its Center mostly and then the OTs.

Makes me very worried about what Jenkins will be asking for next year, especially if he stays relatively healthy in 2024

100%

Build your OLine through OTs and C.  Fill in at G.    Been saying it for a decade.   I told everyone when Detroit did exactly that they were going to be good.

Took a bit, but it happened.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yeah, the more I see the more I think Poles is targeting his replacement in R3/4. Lots of high RAS guys who should be in that area. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think it's a big reason he targeted Bates...clearly he saw this coming.

• Like 2

Didn't like the swift signing. Woulda rather gone the draft route. 

Jacobs to packers doesn't scare me either, I'd rather have kept Jones if I where them. 

Kirk to Atlanta is absolutely brutal though. Fields just lost any hope of returning a 2..and maybe any hope of returning a 3, unless we deal him to Minnesota. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Didn't like the swift signing. Woulda rather gone the draft route. 

Jacobs to packers doesn't scare me either, I'd rather have kept Jones if I where them. 

Kirk to Atlanta is absolutely brutal though. Fields just lost any hope of returning a 2..and maybe any hope of returning a 3, unless we deal him to Minnesota. 

Yeah, not happy about Cousins leaving, definitely makes moving fields harder.  I think the only realistic targets at this point would be NE, LV, and maybe Denver, but probably not.