Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh.

Should be like 8-10M after we make all our signings. 

It was pointed out to me in another chat that this is from 2023. Huge L by Matt here. Unbelievable 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

ugh. just light that money on fire. 

Really would have preferred Jerome Baker. Campbell is cooked. Anyone who watched that GB / TB game...woof. 

Campbell is so bad. I am not happy. I guess he is better than DFF and Burks but that is such a low bar. 

I hope he had 0 guaranteed money and that we cut him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm with @Forge, I think he's washed.

Maybe as a back-up but I don't see him as a dependable starting safety.

He was targeted and exploited quite a bit last year.

I don't know that he's washed, but I am under the impression that he was quite bad last year, so I imagine that any deal involving him is a one year, bottom of the barrel signing where you're hoping to get lucky. 

This goes back to the original post I made where I said the team does not appear overly interested in splash signings this year and is more interested in signing lower tier guys at value and hoping to get lucky. I think diggs fits that perspective regardless of the view on how he played last year. The contract will do the talking ultimately 

• Like 1

The 49ers have an interesting method right now. They create a mass amount of cap space to be able to make aggressive additions but also be flexible enough to roll over a large amount of cap to balance the dead cap that they create via restructuring. Is it 3D chess or stupidity? Not sure. Lol

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

The 49ers have an interesting method right now. They create a mass amount of cap space to be able to make aggressive additions but also be flexible enough to roll over a large amount of cap to balance the dead cap that they create via restructuring. Is it 3D chess or stupidity? Not sure. Lol

Matt's numbers are wrong. They are from 2023. I cant believe he still has that tweet up. He should delete it. 

https://nflpa.com/reports/public-salary-cap-report

Very clearly from 2023. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

Wonder if we could bring him in to play RT or if we are content with Colton. 

Crazy to say that Trent Brown, Tyron Smith are still available. I know I’m probably missing someone 

33 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Wonder if we could bring him in to play RT or if we are content with Colton. 

Crazy to say that Trent Brown, Tyron Smith are still available. I know I’m probably missing someone 

Dillard has just been a huge bust. Two teams have basically given up on him, including a team that had arguably the worst offensive line in football last year so I think it's fair to say that there isn't much there. 

• Like 2

Xavien Howard would be my pick.. he can play safety. Problem is, he was released with a failed physical.. Foot injury from week ~15 he hasn't recovered from. but should be good to go well before training camp 

Edited by adamq