Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Mooney Ward going to walk in FA next year. Fully expect the 49ers to draft a corner early.

Agreed with your comment as well - Mooney will walk nxt year 

8 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

No way any team is going to offer the 49ers a first-rounder for Aiyuk. Burns and Snead are going for pennies.

Different situations. 

But this draft has tons of WR options so there weren't going to be many suitors in the first place. 

Aiyuk is not going anywhere though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Different situations. 

But this draft has tons of WR options so there weren't going to be many suitors in the first place. 

Aiyuk is not going anywhere though

I hope this is true..

For me he's a better pure WR than Deebo, if only Kyle would utilise him more BA would put up some serious #'s.

Extend BA, keep him and Deebo together this year.

Next year you trade Deebo and make Ayiuk the #1 option in the passing game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

I hope this is true..

For me he's a better pure WR than Deebo, if only Kyle would utilise him more BA would put up some serious #'s.

Extend BA, keep him and Deebo together this year.

Next year you trade Deebo and make Ayiuk the #1 option in the passing game.

I mean everyone knows Aiyuk is the better traditional receiver but what Deebo provides is unique and he commands a lot of attention from opposing defenses on a weekly basis. Kyle and Purdy need to get Aiyuk more targets for sure next season and I think you will see that. 

I don't know if Deebo will be able to be traded with his contract next season but he's likely not on the team in 2025 and going forward. There's going to be one down season while we retool after giving Purdy his big deal and guys like Deebo/Kittle will probably be gone. 

Kyle is going to draft a receiver in the first three rounds and it is not going to be just for 2024 but he's going to start to mold his future receiving core while this team makes its final run at a SB. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean everyone knows Aiyuk is the better traditional receiver but what Deebo provides is unique and he commands a lot of attention from opposing defenses on a weekly basis. Kyle and Purdy need to get Aiyuk more targets for sure next season and I think you will see that. 

I don't know if Deebo will be able to be traded with his contract next season but he's likely not on the team in 2025 and going forward. There's going to be one down season while we retool after giving Purdy his big deal and guys like Deebo/Kittle will probably be gone. 

Kyle is going to draft a receiver in the first three rounds and it is not going to be just for 2024 but he's going to start to mold his future receiving core while this team makes its final run at a SB. 

You think we see another TE drafted this year??

How long does Kittle keep going, 2 years maybe is my guess.

Also wouldn't hurt to look Kittle's way a bit more instead of having him blocking all the time.

Not really free agent new but of the proposed rule changes things... the first time we are penalized for the hip drop tackle and it costs us a game, I might cease to be a fan of the sport.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want players to be hurt but this is not the same sport I came to love as a kid. They've already neutered defenses enough and placed defensive players in impossible circumstances imo. 

And the fact that Troy Vincent was a defensive player and has pushed for this is unconscionable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Mooney Ward going to walk in FA next year. Fully expect the 49ers to draft a corner early.

I mean they are not paying both Ward and Lenoir. They will pick one from the two and then go the draft route. 

And if we just go off age, Ward is going to be 28 while Lenoir is three years younger and will come a little cheaper. You can see where this is going. I mean the team could have easily extended Ward but they chose not to. It's not to let him test free agency next season and then re-sign him. Either it happens before the season or it does not happen at all. 

1 hour ago, DTMW78 said:

Also wouldn't hurt to look Kittle's way a bit more instead of having him blocking all the time.

Spent two picks on the position last year. I think we need to see what we got. Didn’t look like much, but Latu was a third round pick. Hopefully they have something in him. Not thinking he’s a future star, but I don’t see them drafting anyone higher than they did Latu last year. 

4 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

I definitely think we draft another TE this year. Probably in that round 4 area. 

We have 6 picks in rounds 1-4. I'm honestly kind of expecting that to be heavy offense with at least 4 offensive picks. WR, TE, OL, RB. 

Then a CB and likely a Defensive lineman. I think it'll be a DT 

• Like 2

Unless you are signing ELITE offensive free agents or making bargain signings, better to leave offense for the draft. Always better to address defensive needs in free agency.

The guard market was stupid inflated this year. Avoid! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, after our experiment with JV I wouldn’t say I was against bringing in White, but I’m not terribly upset that we passed for 8.5M either. 

• Like 4