Free Agency 2024 Thread!!

textaz03

As a reminder, by this point in last year’s offseason calendar, Dallas had already re-signed Wilson and Vander Esch, and traded for Gilmore.

They are trying even less than usual this time around. It’s very intentional.

16 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

As a reminder, by this point in last year’s offseason calendar, Dallas had already re-signed Wilson and Vander Esch, and traded for Gilmore.

Right? Do they even intend to field a full roster at this point?

Sources: #Seahawks perennial Pro Bowler and All-Pro LB Bobby Wagner is signing with the #Commanders on a 1-year deal worth a max value of $8.5M, a deal that includes $6M in guarantees. 

Dan Quinn was with Wagner a decade ago in Seattle, now they’re back. A splash for Washington.

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1768028898132959340?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

now he goes back to Dan Quinn 😂😂 freaking Jerruh Jones smfh

24 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I don't know if I can give the Jones' credit for having a plan but something is up.

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Right? Do they even intend to field a full roster at this point?

Oh I’m sure at some point we’ll see Gallup post-June 1 cut, and Diggs, Steele, possibly others restructured, so they can at least afford to sign some stopgaps and the draft class.

There’s just no urgency to do any of that, you know, promptly

3 hours ago, Northland said:

I don't know if I can give the Jones' credit for having a plan but something is up.

I think you are giving the Jones’ way too much credit.  Their plan is to see what happens in the draft.  Then, after the draft see who gets released after June 1.  And, maybe who might be available for a cheap trade for a mid to late round pick next near.  

11 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Okay, just confirming we understood the cap implications.  So is it better to sign-and-trade or trade him (assuming he wavies his clause) and get 3 firsts and 3 second round picks for him and eat the $2.5m cap loss this year and roll out the tank for Ewers train?  Or is it better to try and win it all this year, then if we fall short, let him walk and get a 4th round comp pick when he signs somewhere else?

Wait a second… is this a serious question?  If there was a team stupid enough to give us 3 first round picks and 3 second round picks for Dak, F THE CAP IMPLICATIONS.  We just got away with robbery.  If someone was dumb enough to give us a first and a second, we do it and never look back.  But, ideally, we make that trade after June 1.  

10 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Um... that's pretty much EVERY QB because when you're winning, you run the ball late.  When you're losing, you're throwing the ball.  

Go look at how many 4QC and GWD Dak has compared to every other QB in the league right now.  He's Top 5 despite not being in the league as long as many of them (Rodgers)

Aaron Rodgers is 150-79-1 when the packers rushed for under 100 yards.  Mahomes is 74-22.  

I’ve literally been saying for years that the way to win with Dak is to treat him like a bus driver.  Give him a strong running game and OL with a great defense.  That’s the formula.  Of course this requires Dak to play on a franchise friendly deal.  The only way we can win the SB with Dak is to minimize Dak’s impact.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Aaron Rodgers is 150-79-1 when the packers rushed for under 100 yards.  Mahomes is 74-22.  

I’ve literally been saying for years that the way to win with Dak is to treat him like a bus driver.  Give him a strong running game and OL with a great defense.  That’s the formula.  Of course this requires Dak to play on a franchise friendly deal.  The only way we can win the SB with Dak is to minimize Dak’s impact.

Aaron Rodgers - 65.2%

Patrick Mahomes - 77%

Dak Prescott - 27.3%

Not. Even. Close.

You can't make a QB the highest paid player in NFL history with numbers that poor.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Mahomes is 74-22 overall as a starter for the Chiefs. Rodgers is 148-75-1 between the Packers and Jets. Where did you get these numbers?

just wanted to point out those numbers are wrong...they are the total career records of rodgers and mahomes, regardless of team rushing 100 yards or not...there may still be a possibility that their winning percentages are greater than daks with the team rushing under 100 yards but I would guess it's more in line with the typical thought that more rushes/more rush yards = protecting a lead like what was said...i am not sure where you can easily pull that data from to verify it, though

and like i said last time (the few times i've posted)...if the argument is strictly against dak, i don't see it...he's not mahomes (no one is) and even if you think allen and burrow and so on are better (they probably are), i honestly do not see a huge difference and their contracts would probably be scaled correctly if they were all signed at the same time but the money goes up each year...every other QB in a similar range is going to get a similar contract...if the argument is never paying your QBs and trying to hit your shot on a rotating scale of rookie QB contracts/cheap fill-ins, then fine, i can respect that approach....but again, i don't think any GM in the world would make that their philosophy