Week 15 Other Games

SteelKing728

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Patriots. Steelers have the scariest offense in the NFL if healthy..

but if Brown is done for the year.... ill pick the Steelers.

Brown appears to be okay.

EDIT: And the Steelers go up 17-10 on an excellent one-armed catch by Bryant.

58 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The catch rule will absolutely get changed this offseason. 

For sure.

Still, I like the Patriots a lot more than the Steelers so it's hard to feel sorry for them.

EDIT: Tony Dungy saying "don't worry, Nick Foles will get you to the Super Bowl" ... that's a little premature when you consider that the Eagles just barely beat a 2-11 football team today. One week at a time, Tony.

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

if GB loses are they officially out of the playoffs?

BTW I finally got the answer to this during the SNF pregame. An Atlanta win tomorrow officially eliminates GB. Both Dungy and Woodson think they should shut down Rodgers at that point, since he's not completely healthy.

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

It was an int in the pit\ne game. Its not a catch if your in the air without ground possession first, the goal line doesn't play a factor when your going to the ground. It was pretty clear based on the the letter of the rule book, and cut\dry rules are what you need

The problem is that the rule itself is complete garbage

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

The problem is that the rule itself is complete garbage

When you need a cut and dry rule, cuz of super HD reviews this is what happens. Is it better for the receiver to catch the ball for a tenth of a second and then let it slip out and it still be ruled a catch.

26 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

When you need a cut and dry rule, cuz of super HD reviews this is what happens. Is it better for the receiver to catch the ball for a tenth of a second and then let it slip out and it still be ruled a catch.

I think what stinks about the rule is more that he made a "football" type of play and reached for the endzone... much like what Dez did a few years back.

In the middle of the field he most likely is bringing it into his body.

I agree. The right ruling was made, but it's a hard rule to really change because if he was to do the same thing in the middle of the field it is still an incomp pass either way. Can't really change it.

Archived