Packers sign RB Josh Jacobs (4 years, $48M, $12.5M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Packers paying two guys RB#1 money is an interesting choice... unless they're going to move on from Aaron Jones.

I like Jacobs, and he's been a good player for the Raiders, but not too disappointed with this. Hope it works out for him in GB.

As a Packer fan....not sure how I really feel.  Excited for sure, but this cam outta left field.

But...it doesn't really shock me as we are not paying anyone on offense real money, except for a LG.

GB can actually afford to pay both Jacobs and Jones for a year or two just because their offense is so young....even in a Love deal comes soon, which it should.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, malak1 said:

He's intellectually dishonest. 

He is but he's not wrong here.

Jones is often banged up and GB likes rolling with multiple RBs. Jacobs is durable.

Packers have all their WR's/TEs under rookie deals for the next 2-3 years. Love has one more year making peanuts.

Investing in another good RB while the other skill guys are underpaid is a pretty solid use of resources.

Now, if it's a Jones replacement, I like that significantly less.

Edited by Mox
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, General Tso said:

You are the last person I expected to endorse a team signing 2 RBs to a market rate.

I didn't endorse it. I explained what I believe the org's reasoning was.

Will have to see the numbers and educate myself on Jacobs more before I form an opinion.

Dude's an absolute beast even still, take it from a Broncos fan who got cut up by him everytime we faced em for the past few years. My wife's team is the Packers so I saw a lot of Dillon too and Jacobs is a clear upgrade from him. GREAT signing for the packers IMO especially with their offense of opening up the field for Love to make easier plays (something he needs at this point in his career)

Edited by Dbrog24

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I didn't endorse it. I explained what I believe the org's reasoning was.

Will have to see the numbers and educate myself on Jacobs more before I form an opinion.

Good to see you still have a moral compass.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I just don't really get this one. Sure AJ has been hurt, but they are heavily invested at RB now. Just very odd to me.

It’s because everyone else but LG is basically playing for free on offense comparably.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I just don't really get this one. Sure AJ has been hurt, but they are heavily invested at RB now. Just very odd to me.

Aaron Jones turns 30 in December and missed significant games with injury each of the last two years.  The rest of the offensive skill players cost nothing, like they weren't going to sign a WR or a TE, and they're probably not going to sign an OL.

Like the Packers entire cadre of pass catchers combined cost less than what the Steelers are paying Allen Robinson or the Raiders are paying Hunter Renfrow.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

1 minute ago, Dbrog24 said:

Dude's an absolute beast even still, take it from a Broncos fan who got cut up by him everytime we faced em for the past few years. My wife's team is the Packers so I saw a lot of Dillon too and Jacobs is a clear upgrade from him. GREAT signing for the packers IMO

yeah Dillon was absolute cheeks for most of 2023. His - and the RBs behind him - were one of the most upgradeable snap counts on our roster. 

Our entire WR corps makes less than either of our RBs. Seems like bizzaro world but makes sense that we had the luxury. Waiting to see guaranteed $ and hoping JJ comes in healthy and ready to eat. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Second best JJ in the NFC North until the draft hits then he'll be #3. Crazy.

Who’s the Vikings QB again? Don’t get me wrong Jefferson is the truth, but someone needs to throw him the ball.