The FFMD Draft Only March Madness 2024 *DISCUSSION* Thread

MikeT14

21 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Did you know this is who I was talking about earlier?

I’m hearing 1st round buzz. And his tape is pretty good. If I hadn’t taken Verse in round 1, there’s zero chance he would have got by me at 82.

This is who I was talking about, Brice.  And it's the reason Titans were floating their meagre resources to trade up.  50th on the consensus board.  Nasty steal by Washington.  I have him one spot beneath Adisa Isaac, and he had a bad combine, but his tape is solid.

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

He's not very physical and only weights 180. But he can cover well, read the QB, and break up passes. Opposing QBs had a 54 (NFL style) passer rating against him.

Yeah, he's a ball hawk.  Closing speed is fantastic, and he's got great instincts.

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

He's not very physical and only weights 180. But he can cover well, read the QB, and break up passes. Opposing QBs had a 54 (NFL style) passer rating against him.

Seems like a physical enough CB despite his size - plays press man coverage well and isn't afraid to get dirty and tackle a RB.  May get out jumped or shielded out by larger WR's but I'd love him in Dallas TBH

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nooooooooooooooooooo....that was my number one running back :(

There's still a lot of value at RB on the board, imo.  But yeah, Wright is the best pure runner prospect in the class.

• Like 2

Just now, Daniel said:

There's still a lot of value at RB on the board, imo.  But yeah, Wright is the best pure runner prospect in the class.

Also good in pass pro. 

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Washington so far: 

#2 QB Jayden Daniels, LSU

#32 OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma

#40 WR Xavier Worthy, Texas

#67 OG Cooper Beebe, Kansas St

#78 TE Cade Stover, Ohio St

#100 DE Bralen Trice, Washington

Absolutely love it. Prefer Maye and it would be really good. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This is who I was talking about, Brice.  And it's the reason Titans were floating their meagre resources to trade up.  50th on the consensus board.  Nasty steal by Washington.  I have him one spot beneath Adisa Isaac, and he had a bad combine, but his tape is solid.

So at the time I said “a couple guys”. And I was referring to Isaac and Trice. Both fell easily a round past where I would expect.

To be honest I’m probably lower on Trice than most. But I see him mocked in the top 40 a lot. And I know he had the high end production. 

• Like 1

Reddick returns to AZ to play for the coach he had his most productive season under. With him, Murphy and Robinson, our front seven gets a complete makeover (along with the real world additions of Justin Jones, Bilal Nichols and Khyiris Tonga). It should catapult the worst front seven in the NFL, to at least an average one. 

Combine that with the offense, that adds MHJ and was very productive at the end of last year, and we should be well on our way to a massive improvement. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Washington so far: 

#2 QB Jayden Daniels, LSU

#32 OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma

#40 WR Xavier Worthy, Texas

#67 OG Cooper Beebe, Kansas St

#78 TE Cade Stover, Ohio St

#100 DE Bralen Trice, Washington

Must be nice to have lots of picks.

Denver so far is J.J. McCarthy....and that's it. lol

12 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Was really hoping he would fall to the 5th TBH

Really was considering the 4th & most projections have him 6 & 7

But man... the tape is dynamic & the measureables are insane.

• Like 1

Wright , Guerendo, & one other back are the three I like in this draft.. the other is still out there

That being said, I don't trust none of y'all and did not want to take a chance. :lol:

At this point, just looking to plug very specific roles on offense & defense. 

Not looking for starters... just depth / options

Edit: also love the Eagles & Cards trade for Reddick.  Coming IRL?  Let's see if they nailed it

Edited by jch1911