Titans sign LB Kenneth Murray

RaidersAreOne

I really thought he was gonna be a stud coming out of the draft.  But it doesn't seem like it's really materialized for him at all.

It's not the worst thing to take a flyer on i guess.  See if there's any potential left in there.  Change of scenery shakeup.  Worth a shot i guess.  Though it feels like a "flyer" sort of "prove it" deal is getting noticeably more expensive these days.

not a fan of this one. ILB is a big need for us and guys like willie gay or josey jewell feel like much safer options to be solid starters, rather than taking a shot on a guy with athletic talent who hasn't put it together.

24 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

not a fan of this one. ILB is a big need for us and guys like willie gay or josey jewell feel like much safer options to be solid starters, rather than taking a shot on a guy with athletic talent who hasn't put it together.

I think it kind of depends on if you've got a plan to use that athleticism or not.  Guys who can just sort of quietly step in and not be standout awful but also do very little of anything positive...these guys are always later on cheap depth signings, or heck...late draft picks or UDFAs even.  Getting that premium athletic talent to be a potential "impact player" at LBer is where the premium is more.  Though to be fair, i think Kenneth Walker is probably more than just "athleticism and nothing else".  But it's entirely fair to say he hasn't got on track and put it together at the NFL level yet.  Sometimes...these are guys who just need to be deployed in a very specific way.  So if you're got an inkling of how to maybe do that...i don't mind taking the risk.

Think...Jamie Collins.  Different sort of player...but it was ultra clear that he needed to be used in a specific sort of niche role, but he could be an impact defender doing that thing.  Try to make him do "everything" in a more general sense...and he became totally useless.  Then kind of back again with a bit of resurgence once he was used more "properly" again.

And let's be honest...it's not like the Chargers have been known for their stellar coaching over Murray's tenure there.  They've had multiple things that haven't looked particularly competent overall.  So i don't think it's a bad gamble.

I also don't think it necessarily precludes the option to go out and grab a completely underwhelming JAG "filler" as a Plan B either.

49 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Have u looked at Kenneth Murray? Tell me why he's an upgrade without mentioning his draft pedigree.

He’s an upgrade.

But to be fair, it would be difficult to find a linebacker in the NFL that isn’t.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Cuz he's clearly more talented at least in coverage vs what they got on the roster.

56 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Have you watched him? He was a total defensive liability for the Chargers, completely lost in pass coverage.

Yall think you're arguing, but both of these statements are probably true.