Week 15 Game Day Thread

Crickett

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

Hey guys I have a question. On plays where a penalty is attributed to the wrong player (IE someone not even in the game), how do the official scorers handle that? Do they go back and watch the play and guess who the penalty was on?

Pretty sure the league has someone watching from the studio charting that stuff.  I mean, networks have that for every game they televise, so I have to imagine the league does, too.

Just now, The LBC said:

Pretty sure the league has someone watching from the studio charting that stuff.  I mean, networks have that for every game they televise, so I have to imagine the league does, too.

That's what I figured, just never really seen it explained or anything and it seems quite frequent that players who are on the sidelines are given penalties by the officials.

Just now, The LBC said:
3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Hey guys I have a question. On plays where a penalty is attributed to the wrong player (IE someone not even in the game), how do the official scorers handle that? Do they go back and watch the play and guess who the penalty was on?

Someone also goes through every game and adjusts stuff if it needs it. We've probably had half a dozen times this year where they've changed sacks, tackles, and QB hits later in the week to give them to someone else.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Someone also goes through every game and adjusts stuff if it needs it. We've probably had half a dozen times this year where they've changed sacks, tackles, and QB hits later in the week to give them to someone else.

yeah I believe it gets corrected after the game before the lead official sends the game reports.

Archived