49ers trade for DT Maliek Collins

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Would not surprise me if we go DT early in the draft also.

Have to have a young guy or two waiting in the wings behind all these vets.

Yeah, I can see that. I just don't think you can count out McConkey if he falls to #31. Pretty damn sure that is Kyle's guy this year. 

What would be interesting is to see what Kyle does if someone like Guyton drops and McConkey is there lol. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I can see that. I just don't think you can count out McConkey if he falls to #31. Pretty damn sure that is Kyle's guy this year. 

What would be interesting is to see what Kyle does if someone like Guyton drops and McConkey is there lol. 

You think Ladd's a first rounder??

I think he's a Top 50-65 ish player but not sure he goes round one.

13 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

You think Ladd's a first rounder??

I think he's a Top 50-65 ish player but not sure he goes round one.

I just know Kyle will love him and think he can make him productive out of the gate. Good for a pure drop back scheme and a QB like Purdy. No longer do we just need YAC studs and the play action game to have an effective passing game. 

We shall see though. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just know Kyle will love him and think he can make him productive out of the gate. Good for a pure drop back scheme and a QB like Purdy. No longer do we just need YAC studs and the play action game to have an effective passing game. 

We shall see though. 

Oh, I definitely agree with all the above.

I'd be very happy with either him, Washington or Pearsall actually.

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Oh, I definitely agree with all the above.

I'd be very happy with either him, Washington or Pearsall actually.

I'm big on Washington as well

Have not watched of Pearsall yet so I can't really comment. 

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm big on Washington as well

Have not watched of Pearsall yet so I can't really comment. 

I really like Washington and Pearsall. McConkey has some real skills, but I have the Jerry Jeudy and Danny Isabella worries with him where I think he might just be too slight to handle NFL physicality. It's one thing when you are Davonta Smith and that tiny - you've been the baddest man in college for two straight years in the SEC. All physical concerns can be met with the hammer of production. But it's another when you are a useful player at the college level. 

Saw a comparison online between him and Armstead over the last two years.  Collins had better production, overall, but he also played in 10 more games than Armstead.  Which, is kind of an upgrade in and of itself?  Only time will tell.  

• Like 1