Chargers release WR Mike Williams

RaidersAreOne

Not sure why the cleaner thread was locked instead of this one that shows just a link instead of details.

Anyways, the comment I tried to make in the other thread - how many more cuts does LAC need to make to get under the cap? Any other big names? And with Mike gone and the failure of QJ last season, do the Chargers target WR early in the draft now?

1 minute ago, MaddHatter said:

Surprised they waited so long to clean up their cap space 

Probably were holding out hope they could trade someone, but nothing came through.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

how many more cuts does LAC need to make to get under the cap?

I think they are technically under the cap now, but they do not have enough room to sign their draft picks.  So there is more work to do.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 2

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Not sure why the cleaner thread was locked instead of this one that shows just a link instead of details.

Anyways, the comment I tried to make in the other thread - how many more cuts does LAC need to make to get under the cap? Any other big names? And with Mike gone and the failure of QJ last season, do the Chargers target WR early in the draft now?

this one was first and already had a reply.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Neither had a reply when I went to post my comment, when the comment didn't appear after I submitted I refreshed and saw it was locked.

I saw 1 reply on this one when i locked the other. madhatter must've submitted his reply after you clicked on that thread.

I usually err on keeping the earlier thread if there's the same amount of activity on both, in any case.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

New England should give him a prove it deal coming off the injury

Have to be cap compliant first before you can do a trade to clear more cap space.

This was always the cut, of the 4 candidates, that made the most sense.

His market will be interesting. Talented player, but not worth what LAC was paying for him. 30 years old, injury prone. Definitely wouldn't give him a long term deal, but roll the dice on him staying healthy for a season, reward could be high.

Expected. But still sucks. 

They will definitely use one of their early picks on a receiver.  Nabers would be nice since they desperately need some juice there. 

Edited by game3525