Chargers release WR Mike Williams

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, General Tso said:

How much do you think he gets as a contract? Gabe Davis got 13M a year, don't think Williams can get that much.

probably $7.5m guaranteed with incentives that escalate up into that $13m Gabe Davis range. for a one year prove it seal.

He's actually played in more games than I would have guessed before looking at his stats.  Felt like the dude would miss half the season every year, but outside of last year he's played in the majority of Chargers regular season games.

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He's actually played in more games than I would have guessed before looking at his stats.  Felt like the dude would miss half the season every year, but outside of last year he's played in the majority of Chargers regular season games.

Panthers??

1 hour ago, game3525 said:

Expected. But still sucks. 

They will definitely use one of their early picks on a receiver.  Nabers would be nice since they desperately need some juice there. 

I wouldn't be so sure.  Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh are going to prioritize running the ball.  You guys also don't have a starting center currently (only a 2nd-year converted-RG from Minnesota-Duluth without a meaningful regular season snap).  I'm not suggesting they're going to draft a C at #5, but center is very likely, at least on the path they're on right now, a by-end-of-Day-2 need as it stands right now.  You still need investment on the IDL - especially if you're going to run Minter's Amoeba scheme.  Investing an early pick in a WR is frankly a luxury Telesco didn't leave you guys with.

• Like 1

The right move, but I'm still absolutely gutted...Just makes me hate Telesco/Staley even more. 

Whoever gets him will be absolutely lucky. He's a amazing baller, amazing hard worker, and truly one of the most team guys I've ever seen. 

He's a bit shy and quiet in interviews, but he's a stud on the field. 

Can't wish him anything but the very best, and will keep a close eye on him, wherever he goes. 

P.S: He's absolutely worthy of that contract.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I wouldn't be so sure.  Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh are going to prioritize running the ball.  You guys also don't have a starting center currently (only a 2nd-year converted-RG from Minnesota-Duluth without a meaningful regular season snap).  I'm not suggesting they're going to draft a C at #5, but center is very likely, at least on the path they're on right now, a by-end-of-Day-2 need as it stands right now.  You still need investment on the IDL - especially if you're going to run Minter's Amoeba scheme.  Investing an early pick in a WR is frankly a luxury Telesco didn't leave you guys with.

Hortiz has been talking about how deep the WR class this year. I am fairly confident they will take one, maybe not with a first round pick, but definitely within the first three rounds. Right now, the WR room is just Keenan, Palmer, and Johnston as the main targets. That isn't good enough, no matter how run-oriented they want to be. 

• Like 1