Fields to Pittsburgh

BroncoSojia

3 hours ago, malak1 said:

Not happy with the return, but the market is the market, I guess. 

Im really disappointed with how the Bears handled his entire time here. Pretty unfair for the kid.

The fact they surrounded that kid with Mooney and Claypool for years only to make improvements on the OL, sign Swift and trade for Keenan just as they kick him out the door is sheisty.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Wait, I just now noticed this is a 2025 pick. Sheesh lol

Well i mean...it would have to be.  Since it's conditional on playing time in the 2024 season.  😆

Just now, Tugboat said:

Well i mean...it would have to be.  Since it's conditional on playing time in the 2024 season.  😆

DUDE...It just totally went over my head lol. I didn't even think about it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The fact they surrounded that kid with Mooney and Claypool for years only to make improvements on the OL, sign Swift and trade for Keenan just as they kick him out the door is sheisty.

He had DJ Moore and didn't do as much with it as you'd hope.  He also had guys like Montgomery with fresher legs and didn't do anything.

I mean no...they never put the same level of talent all around him as Caleb/Maye/Daniels is going to be walking into.  But i think it's also exaggerated just how much they hung Fields out to dry.  His play was a big part in what made everyone around him look bad too, and drove more than one WR to completely check out mentally.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

They passed on Stroud last year to get him a legit #1 WR and traded a 2nd for Claypool. What OL improvements have they made this offseason? 

9 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

They couldn't even get *something* this year plus the conditional pick's value appearing inflated because the top value of the pick is unlikely.

Like you could do a conditional 2025 pick that becomes a first if Justin Fields is the Superbowl MVP, a 2nd if he starts in the Superbowl. a 3rd if he wins a playoff game he starts, a 4th if he plays 51% of the snaps, etc.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What was Poles supposed to do? Build around  mid QB?

That's been the Chicago Bears way since...forever? That's all they know.

Edited by cp0k2
Typo.

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Smart organizations recognize when they’ve made a mistake and move on. Williams is at least a top tier prospect unlike the other two guys.

Smart Organizations don't draft 3 seperate so called FQB in the 1st rd (2,11,1) a 7 year span. To be clear!

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, cp0k2 said:

That's been the Chicago Bears was since...forever? That's all they know.

He passed on Stroud and got Fields a legit #1 WR. Passing on another elite QB prospect and praying Fields improved was career suicide. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

You said Organization, not GM. Which is it?

Poles tried to make it work with Fields. Passing on an elite QB prospect at #1 two years in a row for a guy that has been mid for 3 seasons was the better route?

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You said Organization, not GM. Which is it?

You’re acting like they just gave up on guys immediately. They gave Mitch 4 years / Fields 3 years to prove they could be a franchise level QB, neither did. I’d roll the dice on QB early every year until I found a star. 

• Like 4