Fields to Pittsburgh

BroncoSojia

I'd love to know if when Russell Wilson was courted by the Steelers,  asked to sign did they even acknowledge the possibility of adding Fields?

I'd assume they told him, we're getting rid of Pickett,you have nothing to worry about but now adding Justin "looking" over his shoulder?

Can't make this 💩 up! 😎

You guys can hate both moves all you want but the Steelers are paying Wilson and Fields 2-3x less money combined then they spent on Mitch Trubisky last year as a back up.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

After the trade he went back in and replied to the comments "thank you for watching" which is just some hilarious stuff

To be fair, fans on social media of basically every team in any sport are generally delusional and clueless lol

• Like 3

So if I'm Pittsburgh, the plan is essentially use Russ as a 1-year bridge QB while Justin Fields sits (no way you're playing him 51% of the snaps this year if you have a choice), then potentially evaluate him next year vs. whoever and get a comp pick for Russ OR completely reset next year and get a comp pick for both QB's who leave?

What a generational miss by Chicago, though, and then to not get anything in return for him. Wow.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What a generational miss by Chicago, though, and then to not get anything in return for him. Wow.

You mean, Twice? Let's not forget the Trubisky debacle, before Justin. 

Really is sad how badly they failed that Fanbase/Franchise. 

Now let's try 1st rd QB #3 in 5 yrs and see if he's truly this Generational talent (Not) the pundits keep claiming.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So if I'm Pittsburgh, the plan is essentially use Russ as a 1-year bridge QB while Justin Fields sits (no way you're playing him 51% of the snaps this year if you have a choice), then potentially evaluate him next year vs. whoever and get a comp pick for Russ OR completely reset next year and get a comp pick for both QB's who leave?

They're evaluating Fields this year. He isn't under contract for 2025 and likely won't be until next offseason, if he's even under contract with the Steelers at all.

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean, Twice? Let's not forget the Trubisky debacle, before Justin. 

Really is sad how badly they failed that Fanbase/Franchise. 

Now let's try 1st rd QB #3 in 5 yrs and see if he's truly this Generational talent (Not) the pundits keep claiming.

Smart organizations recognize when they’ve made a mistake and move on. Williams is at least a top tier prospect unlike the other two guys.

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It is kind of amazing that the Commanders got more for Sam Howell than the Bears did for Fields.  Yes, Fields has (perhaps critical) flaws, but the NFL loves traits...

Sam Howell is better than Fields so

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Forge said:

This is the part that's really weird to me.  Like...i guess at this low price, it doesn't hurt to have Fields as a fallback plan in case Russ really just cannot cook.  But Fields is such a weird guy to sit on the bench at this juncture of his career.  To me, he's far more of a "fail fast" candidate that you want to throw out there and either continue sinking, or start to swim.  Especially in light of his impending contract situation.

But i guess when you get a guy for a 6th round pick, who cares what happens with him.  That's just the going rate for a mediocre backup really.  You don't have to care what happens beyond this year at that very low level of investment.

But anyway.  I'm glad to see the league confirming my belief that Sam Howell >>> Fields as a Quarterback, as reflected by their respective trade values.  Especially after getting dragged into an absolutely ludicrous offseason argument about Lawrence vs Fields as though that was ever even remotely close.  😆 🤣 😆

I do think that the Bears just kinda fumbled this one like Fields himself would've been proud of.  They overplayed their hand and the already small potential market just disintegrated around them.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It is kind of amazing that the Commanders got more for Sam Howell than the Bears did for Fields.  Yes, Fields has (perhaps critical) flaws, but the NFL loves traits...

I mean...when it comes to "traits"...Sam Howell has them too.  He's not tall, but he's got better football passer traits than Fields tbh.  Which is more important than those traits Fields has that make him a good runner.  That's not what teams really love at the QB position.