Jets Sign WR Mike Williams. 1 year up to $15 Million

Trentwannabe

I had a brain fart and forgot about him for a minute and thought this was USC Mike Williams from Lions bust fame that had a comeback attempt with the Seahawks after time away and though he was doing it again another decade later lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Signing a bunch of old, injury prone players in one offseason to try to cash in on some rapidly closing window rarely ever works out. 

The Jets are loaded though. If they draft one of the top OTs that can take over for Tyron (once he gets injured) then I like their chances for a deep playoff run with Rodgers.

This is a great deal for the Jets. Mike Williams is an explosive receiver that can ball out at any time and to get him on a one year incentive contract is a total steal. Dude struggles with consistency, health and has a game that shouldn’t age that well but the Jets protected themselves from all of those things.

There's only upside here for a guy that always been tough, a hard worker and a good locker room presence. He can make any circus catch but also drops balls that hit him between the numbers. Huge games and disappears for stretches. I hope he blows it up in New York. Shame the Chargers won’t even get a comp pick for him. 

22 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I bet they signed the wrong WR Mike Williams lol 

The one who said he'd be a cat rather than a dog at the draft combine?  😆  That guy was cool.

Anyway.  Jets really building quite the house of cards here with all these old, injury-riddled Vets for a year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

The Jets are loaded though. If they draft one of the top OTs that can take over for Tyron (once he gets injured) then I like their chances for a deep playoff run with Rodgers.

The talent on their defense is undeniable. If the Jets can field even an average offense they will be a threat.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It just surprises me that they don't have David Bakhtiari on this roster yet. Seems like the perfect combination of played with Aaron Rodgers and is heavily injured.

Bakhs knee is completely toast. He can't even practice on it anymore without massive swelling. Signing injury prone players is one thing, signing one who can't even pass a physical is too stupid even for the Jets.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Bakhs knee is completely toast. He can't even practice on it anymore without massive swelling. Signing injury prone players is one thing, signing one who can't even pass a physical is too stupid even for the Jets.

That seems like a mere technicality.  I think they should definitely still do it.

Maybe AAron's crystals can fix it.  But even if not, i think he'd be a good addition to their IR.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 2:58 PM, kramxel said:

I really don't get where this narrative comes from.... 

Since joining the league:

10, 16, 15, 15, 16, 13, 3

...and, to be fair, that last one--three games in 2023--is on me.

I drafted him in Fantasy.

Sorry.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StatKing said:

Bakh has had so many knee problems over the years, he is probably better off just hanging up the cleats before he does any permanent damage.  It's one thing to be limping around a little when you're 30, but when he's 60, the effects of those injuries will really start to make themselves known, especially for a big guy like him.

• Like 1