Chiefs Trade CB L’Jarius Snead to Titans

TheRealMcCoy

35 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Imagine reading a well thought out post by Jak and just sprinkling this in....for what?? That's not even remotely what he said. 

Control your ego dude

Ego?  Maybe the ego of Chiefs fans that think everything will just continue to flow.  They were 2nd in the NFL in points allowed per game, 2nd in the NFL in total yards allowed per game and 4th in the NFL in passing yards allow per game.  With a struggling offense most of that year that is why they even got to the playoffs.

Sneed was their #1 CB on the roster was he not?  Oh McDuffie was, McDuffie played slot and was moved around, Sneed stuck on the boundary and usually took the teams best WR more often than not.  Yes McDuffie is a demon but he is a demon in the slot and has yet to even intercept a pass in the NFL or play consistent deep coverage downfield.  Sneed covered the best WR on the other team on at least 65% of the snaps a league-high seven times during the regular season.  McDuffie can maybe do that sure but who plays the slot then?  More likely McDuffie stays in the slot at times and Williams or Watson take the boundary spots.  Doubt it will be as successful as an overall unit unless they get someone else to add to it.

Sure Sneed played his best football this past year but he was more than just good the previous two years.  He was attacked constantly and not given much help at all.  That is not that simple to do or simple to replace.  And of course he would be pissed, he gave top of the line play and production over a long period of time and was paid a total of $5.8 million for the entire time on the Chiefs.  I would be pissed as well...

Top 10 highest paid CBs in the league next year, Sneed is just as good as any of them and Alexander, Ramsey, Humphrey, Lattimore and Diggs are all coming off an injury and miss a decent amount of games last year.    Sneed has been pretty damn consistently healthy and productive especially over the last three years.  Of course the Chiefs cannot pay everyone but to just pretend that oh no big deal we can just go get another late round draft pick to pick up that production, I doubt it.  Or to believe Williams, Watson or Jones are going to do what he did?  I really doubt that as well.  Oh build inside out, sure that sounds great but as if Chris Jones production will never decrease being 29 and signing a 5 year deal but sure has an out in 2027 which is good because most likely he will not get the rest of that deal and be let go.  I just find it odd that Sneed is considered so replaceable by Chiefs fans.  

Jaire Alexander Packers 27 $84,000,000 $21,000,000 $30,000,000 $30,000,000 2027 Void
Denzel Ward Browns 27 $100,500,000 $20,100,000 $71,250,000 $44,500,000 2028 Void
Jalen Ramsey Dolphins 30 $100,000,000 $20,000,000 $71,203,000 $43,703,000 2026 Void
L'Jarius Sneed Chiefs 27 $19,802,000 $19,802,000 $0 $0 2025 UFA
Marlon Humphrey Ravens 28 $97,500,000 $19,500,000 $66,957,407 $39,957,407 2027 Void
Trevon Diggs Cowboys 26 $97,000,000 $19,400,000 $42,304,000 $33,304,000 2029 UFA
Marshon Lattimore Saints 28 $97,000,000 $19,400,000 $68,346,588 $44,346,588 2027 Void
Jaylon Johnson Bears 25 $76,000,000 $19,000,000 $54,000,000 $43,800,000 2028 UFA
Carlton Davis Lions 28 $44,500,000 $14,833,333 $30,000,000 $24,500,000 2025 Void
Charvarius Ward 49ers 28 $40,500,000 $13,500,000 $26,620,000 $18,060,000 2025 Void

For sure whoever gets that other spot at CB, Williams or Watson.  They will get attacked constantly and honestly not sure either one will be able to handle it.  Time will tell.  

All those words and you didn't say anything, like, at all. No one is saying Sneed won't be missed. Some times hard decisions have to be made and we do have some useful CBs on roster. This isn't Madden where you can turn the cap off.

Why didn't you address what I quoted btw? Did Jak say Sneed "sucked" prior to last year?

You seem to take it personally whenever the Chiefs do something you don't like. I recall you coming into our forum trying to scold us on not signing OBjr to another contract lol take a breath. 

• Like 3

This is this guy’s M.O. 

He creates a strawman (usually a gross exaggeration), and, I believe, legitimately doesn’t read what gets posted. No one said Sneed sucks.

The only surprise is that this isn’t about an NFL player’s college career and that no one’s been accused of not watching CFB yet.

Edited by Soko
  • Like 5

We typically don’t travel with our CB’s.  We did that for Sneed and it got him paid because he did it well.   We don’t expect someone to step in Sneed’s exact role,   We’ll adjust to the CB’s we have and build up the team in another way.   We already have Watson and Williams on the outside,  Conner on the inside, and we can use McDuffie however we see fit within the matchups. 

• Like 1

Dunno if Sneed will replicate the year he just had coverage wise, but glad it seems to be a sign that Dennard Wilson wasn't kidding around about wanting an aggressive, attacking defense. Sneed fits that well, even if his coverage returns to what it was prior to last year.

• Like 1

I have a sense that Sneed, while being a good player, might have benefited from Spagnoulo as DC.  Much like some NE corners that were really good in NE, but nowhere near that level outside of NE.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

All those words and you didn't say anything, like, at all. No one is saying Sneed won't be missed. Some times hard decisions have to be made and we do have some useful CBs on roster. This isn't Madden where you can turn the cap off.

Why didn't you address what I quoted btw? Did Jak say Sneed "sucked" prior to last year?

You seem to take it personally whenever the Chiefs do something you don't like. I recall you coming into our forum trying to scold us on not signing OBjr to another contract lol take a breath. 

Lmao I remember that, didnt orlando Brown kinda play not good last year? I know Donny sucked but at least he was cheap 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 11:12 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Who’s the last CB who was elite for like 4 years in a row. And I don’t mean like they made the Pro bowl, like actually their play on the field. I feel like it hardly ever happens. But almost every other position is pretty stable across the best.

That was Darrelle Revis IMO... which goes a long way towards proving your point. Corners hardly ever reach that level of consistency.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Lmao I remember that, didnt orlando Brown kinda play not good last year? I know Donny sucked but at least he was cheap 

You paid Jawaan Taylor 4 years $80 million and Orlando Brown Jr got 4 years $64 million and Taylor committed 20 penalties last year, by far the most of any OL in the NFL all last season.  I would say he was worse than Orlando Brown Jr was last season, but sure Brown Jr was not at his best but they did start Jake Browning over what 7 games so there is that.

I said Jawaan Taylor honestly kind of sucked last year when hey overpaid for him, and based on his play he was exactly that.  Oh, and he had the most offensive penalties in a season in NFL since 2003 where Chester Pitts had 18.  Yeah sure, he was a real great player for them and well worth $20 mil a year......  But yes they got Donovan Smith for cheap chasing another Super Bowl and he got it, good for him, he at least was not a walking penalty.  

The dude commented that they could easily replace Sneed with another 4th round pick or later.  I disagree with that completely, only way that is true is if Williams, Watson or Jones are to the level Sneed is and I doubt that ever occurs.  Maybe they find that elite corner in this draft to replace him, but their track record of CB drafting is not that great if you take Sneed/McDuffie out of the mix.  They will miss the guy greatly, that is the point.  Way easier to go up against them without Sneed and now teams will just avoid McDuffie unless they can find another lock down corner who follows the other teams best WR around most of the game...

Edited by Ozzy

30 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The dude commented that they could easily replace Sneed with another 4th round pick or later.  I disagree with that completely, only way that is true is if Williams, Watson or Jones are to the level Sneed is and I doubt that ever occurs.  Maybe they find that elite corner in this draft to replace him, but their track record of CB drafting is not that great if you take Sneed/McDuffie out of the mix.  They will miss the guy greatly, that is the point.  Way easier to go up against them without Sneed and now teams will just avoid McDuffie unless they can find another lock down corner who follows the other teams best WR around most of the game...

Please quote Jakuvious saying that.

• Like 4

On 3/23/2024 at 11:10 AM, Jakuvious said:

And we have both good depth and an excellent track record at DB. We're still 3 deep with good players at both CB and S, and the team was really high on Nazeeh Johnson before his injury. We've also basically repeatedly turned 4th round and later DBs into quality players for the last few years, including Sneed himself. We've lost Mathieu, Thornhill, Ward, etc., and have churned out replacements just fine. 

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Please quote Jakuvious saying that.

If that above is not saying you can replace him easily and have done so before, then what is?  Repeatedly turned 4th round or later DBs into quality players, thus Watson, Williams and Jones all 4th round DBs or later will replace him?  I doubt that but maybe they are all super great players just waiting for their chance.  

Sneed is the only truly great CB the Chiefs have got in the draft 4th round or later over the last seven years.  And if you take McDuffie out of the mix in the 1st, Sneed is the only one they have got that is truly great in that time span regardless of round.   But sure is easy to think oh they always do that, they can get another like him easily...

Someone seems to be reading words differently than what is actually written.

" good depth and excellent track record at DB"  .... "churned out replacements just fine" 

I dont see that as "could easily replace Sneed with another 4th round pick or later"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

The dude commented that they could easily replace Sneed with another 4th round pick or later.  

23 hours ago, Soko said:

This is this guy’s M.O. 

He creates a strawman (usually a gross exaggeration), and, I believe, legitimately doesn’t read what gets posted. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

If that above is not saying you can replace him easily and have done so before, then what is?  Repeatedly turned 4th round or later DBs into quality players, thus Watson, Williams and Jones all 4th round DBs or later will replace him?  I doubt that but maybe they are all super great players just waiting for their chance.  

Sneed is the only truly great CB the Chiefs have got in the draft 4th round or later over the last seven years.  And if you take McDuffie out of the mix in the 1st, Sneed is the only one they have got that is truly great in that time span regardless of round.   But sure is easy to think oh they always do that, they can get another like him easily...

Nowhere in that post did he say they'd easily replace Sneed. He's said multiple times in this thread that their CB room is going to take a step back this season with the loss of Sneed, but the money saved will improve the team elsewhere and help them retain players at other positions moving forward. He's only ever said the Chiefs are confident in their scouting and development in the secondary with their track record, and if they had to cut bait with a player at an important position, CB is the position they are in the best spot to backfill without adding someone.

In this thread you've only read what you wanted to, which somehow never seems to actually be what the poster you're quoting actually stated. You also just create random hypotheticals (like when you essentially said "If you remove the players the Chiefs drafted and developed into good players in the secondary, they haven't actually drafted and developed anyone that's good"). Frustrating.

I'm not responding to you anymore. May Zeus bless you.

• Like 4