Chiefs Trade CB L’Jarius Snead to Titans

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Any idea on what he will make? I was reading part of the holdup in trading him is that he wants to be the highest paid CB in the league.

I heard a lot of 4 year $80M chatter. Would put him tied for third for CB deals. Maybe they throw some funny money on the end to hit that highest paid ever mark.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Any idea on what he will make? I was reading part of the holdup in trading him is that he wants to be the highest paid CB in the league.

I'd be shocked if that's exactly why it took so long and the compensation wasn't all that much.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

what's the word on his knee issue? there's been some talk radio rumblings about it but it's all been very vague. feels a bit concerning for a team like us that gets destroyed by the injury bug every year (though hopefully that changes some with the new regime)

Absolutely no concern on my end. I didn’t even know he had a problem with it till this trade talk cropped up. 

Dude is tough as nails and has played like an elite corner since he got here. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Titans have just completely given up hope being able to develop Caleb Farley, I guess?

that ship sailed awhile back. you can't develop a guy who isn't physically fit to see the field. i feel for the kid, he's been dealt a truly horrendous hand with the injury bug and the immense tragedy that's befallen his family over the last several years, but there's no indication he'll ever see meaningful nfl snaps.

• Like 6

Titans coming in with the steel chair.

Feels like they've had a bad secondary for a while. They had plenty of cap space so it makes sense that they can afford him.

The 2025 3rd is pretty low. Wish Holmes got in on that. I wonder between the injury or the salary which was the bigger hold up.

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Titans have just completely given up hope being able to develop Caleb Farley, I guess?

I mean, it's been 3 years of nothing. How long should they keep trying with literally no ROI?

8 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Happy for him that he got paid. But I wouldn't have hated keeping him on the tag and just going for the comp pick next year.

Was that even plausible after the Chris Jones Extension?

I mean, Titans seem to have cap space to burn and not much worth spending it on is left out there on the FA market.  So i guess it makes sense.

Just piling on more evidence that DBs are a devalued position in the league today though.  I think it was pretty well expected that this would be a "tag and trade" scenario...but when teams and organizations as good as the reining champions are eminently willing to part with good DBs for a paltry return of underwhelming futures because they don't see the value in paying them big money...i think it says something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Happy for him that he got paid. But I wouldn't have hated keeping him on the tag and just going for the comp pick next year.

Would have had to restructure a good amount. We have no RB/QB/OLine depth at ALLLL. Still low on front 7 depth outside of DTs. We won't be getting any big ticket player(s) with this 20 mil, it's majority is going towards depth imo.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Was that even plausible after the Chris Jones Extension?

Yes, but it would've meant very little activity from us the rest of the offseason. Had enough money for our rookies and that was about it.

19 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, Titans seem to have cap space to burn and not much worth spending it on is left out there on the FA market.  So i guess it makes sense.

Just piling on more evidence that DBs are a devalued position in the league today though.  I think it was pretty well expected that this would be a "tag and trade" scenario...but when teams and organizations as good as the reining champions are eminently willing to part with good DBs for a paltry return of underwhelming futures because they don't see the value in paying them big money...i think it says something.

Jamal Adams would like a word. But nah nobody wants to trade assets for a premium player in a loaded QB draft class when the majority of teams value this QB class more than a Top 10-ish CB, I'd throw a second if the ravens had the cap room for it but we don't. A third when the titans have all the cap space makes sense for them. 

Who’s the last CB who was elite for like 4 years in a row. And I don’t mean like they made the Pro bowl, like actually their play on the field. I feel like it hardly ever happens. But almost every other position is pretty stable across the best.

• Like 5