We got Sneed!!!

I'm really liking this move. Most importantly I like the contract. 22 mill per was too high. At 19 this makes this reasonable. Let's just hope these knee rumors aren't true

Edited by TJM217

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Awesome. Hopefully the knees hold up. Was one of the top FAs I wanted for a while before they tagged him. What we gave up isn’t bad at all. I’d consider Sneed a top 10 CB. Now we just need another safety and some more DL/Edge.

Yep. I'd get Alt if I could and go crazy drafting defense. Maybe another pass catcher somewhere added in.

• Like 1

As I have stated many times, my wife is a KC fan so we have watched every game of Sneeds career...he is really good, but he plays for KC, which means he gets away with plenty of stuff he won't get away with here. Hopefully he can adjust, because he covers well enough to not have to grab and pull but he is able to with KC somewhat so he does. I'm super excited to have him and hopefully we pick up a nice safety to really shore up the back end. 

As many have said this really opens up the draft...100% BPA all the way. If Alt is gone they can draft a OLB, WR, TE...who ever they have at the top of the board. Of course a trade back is best case but not sure who anyone wants to jump ATL or CHI for, maybe Turner or a WR, or Tackle #2...so I think we stick at 7 and draft Alt if he is there and Turner if Alt is gone. 

my OH MY look at us 

Im pretty much ok putting our trio of DBs vs ANY trio of WRs and thats a nice feeling. Sneed is a DAWG. Hyped hes a titan

And you gotta give Ran his flowers. Dude walked in. Kinda let Mike get himself fired and said ITS MY TIME. Got us a HC who filled the staff with great coaches and now is as everyone is putting it. COOOKING in FA. Obv we havent won anything but damn this is nice. Just knowing we are coming out swinging is great. 

TRULY A NEW ERA OF TITANS FOOTBALL BABY

3 hours ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

As I have stated many times, my wife is a KC fan so we have watched every game of Sneeds career...he is really good, but he plays for KC, which means he gets away with plenty of stuff he won't get away with here. Hopefully he can adjust, because he covers well enough to not have to grab and pull but he is able to with KC somewhat so he does.

After a year of watching Hopkins get away with the same OPI he has everywhere else, I think once refs have decided how they’re going to officiate a player, it’s unlikely to change based on the color of their jersey.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

After a year of watching Hopkins get away with the same OPI he has everywhere else, I think once refs have decided how they’re going to officiate a player, it’s unlikely to change based on the color of their jersey.

Yes, this is true. It's superstars. typically, that might get superstar treatment from officials.

I like the contract. If he’s a good CB, then the compensation is appropriate.

He probably ends up in a couple of years as the tenth or twelfth best paid CB, so if he’s less than great, it still won’t be a huge dead weight on the cap.

I think the chances of him being at least good under a staff of top level DB coaches are pretty good.

The talk about Sneed’s knees reminds me of the talk about AJ’s knees after we traded him. We’re talking about a guy that has played 40 games the last two years and the only possible sources on the subject are either the Chiefs, who have to justify not keeping an elite corner entering his prime, or teams that were looking to push down either his trade value or his contract demands.

• Like 1