CB Tre White to sign with Rams

Forge

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The last Buffalo Bill who was injury prone that came to the Rams played the entire season. His name was Sammy Watkins. 

Sammy Watkins at 24 years old recovering from a broken foot is vastly different from a 29 year old CB who has played in 21 out of the last 57 games with a torn ACL and torn achilles. The two have nothing to do with one another.

Wasn’t your excuse for how sorry the Rams were in 2022 that they had a bunch of bad luck with injuries, specifically to Stafford and the OL? No medical staff has a magic wand, my guy.

Edited by Soko
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Soko said:

Sammy Watkins at 24 years old recovering from a broken foot is vastly different from a 29 year old CB who has played in 21 out of the last 57 games with a torn ACL and torn achilles. The two have nothing to do with one another.

Wasn’t your excuse for how sorry the Rams were in 2022 that they had a bunch of bad luck with injuries, specifically to Stafford and the OL? No medical staff has a magic wand, my guy.

Watkins was labeled as injury prone and he was the most healthy in a Rams uniform. Since he left the Rams he has been hurt a lot again.

Yes the Rams were crippled with injuries in 2022 but facts are since 2017 in the McVay era the Rams are one of the most healthiest teams in football. Some of it is luck but a lot of it is having a great medical staff and a coach in McVay that knows how to manage his players throughout the season especially the vets. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Watkins was labeled as injury prone and he was the most healthy in a Rams uniform. Since he left the Rams he has been hurt a lot again.

Yes the Rams were crippled with injuries in 2022 but facts are since 2017 in the McVay era the Rams are one of the most healthiest teams in football. Some of it is luck but a lot of it is having a great medical staff and a coach in McVay that knows how to manage his players throughout the season especially the vets. 

So their one losing season it’s because of injuries that they couldn’t control, but every other season they have a magical medical staff that can keep players healthy? Sounds convenient. 

Anyway, once again, Watkins has nothing to do with White. Nor are the two comparable as for when they joined the Rams. A broken bone in a foot and a pulled hamstring on a 24 year old is not in the same realm as a 29 year old with a torn achilles and ACL. 

And also, Watkins didn’t play the entire season in LA. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 5:55 PM, NVRamsFan said:

There's also a connection there. Our team doctor did his last surgery and is working with him in recovery. 

Very...

tumblr_mph58tpt0P1qgzdhjo6_250.gifv

Sort of energy.  😆

• Like 2

Not thrilled with this as a Rams fan. The injury history is too much for his position imo. The deal doesnt bother me, but i dont want our projected CB1 to be a step slow or a sneeze away from season ending injury.  Meh. Hoping for the best.

17 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Medical staff doesn't matter when you have an injury history like that. With the other starting corner being in his early 30s, we can look forward to another year of the secondary being torched.

10 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Medical staff doesn't matter when you have an injury history like that. With the other starting corner being in his early 30s, we can look forward to another year of the secondary being torched.

Medical staffs do matter. Puka came into the NFL with an injury history. He held up really well. Stafford while he doesnt have a serious injury history where he misses a ton of games each year, he does get beat up alot throughout the season. The medical staff and McVay are able to manage him throughout the season so he wont be put in horrible situations with his injuries and he can still play at a high enough level. Bc what people dont remember is that Superbowl run Stafford was beat up all over. He was dealing with so many injuries yet he was still able to lead the team to the Superbowl and win it. 

So the Rams wouldve never signed White if the medical team and the Rams themselves didnt have a legit plan for him. I think White is going to play extremely well this season. If Im wrong Ill admit it at some point this season but I feel confident about White playing well for the Rams this season and staying relatively healthy. 

6 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Williams was very, very good last year....I don't understand the pessimism here.

Even if White doesn't play, young players typically improve over time - so young guys who got game experience last year should at least be a little better. That coupled with Williams alone will be a vast improvement IMO.

White would just be icing on the cake.

41 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Williams was very, very good last year....I don't understand the pessimism here.

Even if White doesn't play, young players typically improve over time - so young guys who got game experience last year should at least be a little better. That coupled with Williams alone will be a vast improvement IMO.

White would just be icing on the cake.

If we had the wing dragon of Ra I’ll be marching to your beat. But I am scared of Shula. I knew Staley was gonna be fire because of how highly McVay spoke of him and his coaching tree. But Shula really has me

scared and Donald masked a ton of our flaws. We are gonna be asking a lot from our young guys. Not to mention Ernest wants to get his bag already and he’s arguably our best player without a doubt on the defense. But how much did Donald free him? He’s a playmaking MLB much like how Olgetree was! And you saw how fine we were without him. We are a bunch no names on defense. Unless we have elite defensive coaching this could get ugly. We have good pieces but not great pieces. 

22 hours ago, El Ramster said:

If we had the wing dragon of Ra I’ll be marching to your beat. But I am scared of Shula. I knew Staley was gonna be fire because of how highly McVay spoke of him and his coaching tree. But Shula really has me

scared and Donald masked a ton of our flaws. We are gonna be asking a lot from our young guys. Not to mention Ernest wants to get his bag already and he’s arguably our best player without a doubt on the defense. But how much did Donald free him? He’s a playmaking MLB much like how Olgetree was! And you saw how fine we were without him. We are a bunch no names on defense. Unless we have elite defensive coaching this could get ugly. We have good pieces but not great pieces. 

Can't say no names on defense anymore with Kobie, Byron, Ernest, Curl and Williams - and that's not including White in case he doesn't come back.

Odds are one of Lake/Durant/Tomlinson/Bobby Brown turn into a plus starter - and we'll probably get two more out of the draft.

That would be 9 out of 11 WITHOUT White.

As for Shula...I mean, McVay made Ra play his defense. Make no mistake....this is McVay's defense now. And AD is a monumental loss obviously - but we will end up with more good players overall than we had last year.

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Can't say no names on defense anymore with Kobie, Byron, Ernest, Curl and Williams - and that's not including White in case he doesn't come back.

Odds are one of Lake/Durant/Tomlinson/Bobby Brown turn into a plus starter - and we'll probably get two more out of the draft.

As for Shula...I mean, McVay made Ra play his defense. Make no mistake....this is McVay's defense now. And AD is a monumental loss obviously - but we will end up with more good players overall than we had last year.

You named guys that benefited from Donald. They are unknowns. 

21 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

No names outside LA. Which team in the league has less talent on defense than LAR on paper? I can’t think of any. 

EDIT: Maybe Arizona?

Edited by Soko

23 hours ago, Soko said:

No names outside LA. Which team in the league has less talent on defense than LAR on paper? I can’t think of any. 

EDIT: Maybe Arizona?

Wait are you saying two rookies who combined for 17 sacks (one of which should have been rookie of the year) in Young and Turner are no names?

Darious Williams? Ernest Jones? Curl?

I can understand Quentin Lake being a no name outside of LA, but not those five for people are actually fans of the NFL

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Wait are you saying two rookies who combined for 17 sacks (one of which should have been rookie of the year) in Young and Turner are no names?

Darious Williams? Ernest Jones? Curl?

I can understand Quentin Lake being a no name outside of LA, but not those five for people are actually fans of the NFL

For the casual NFL fan? Camren Curl and Earnest Jones? Absolutely no names, lol. The sophomores too, acting like they’re household names is hilarious.

Which teams have worse talent defensively than the Rams right now?

EDIT: Which isn’t near the insult you think it is, btw. Ja’Whuan Bentley, Jon Jones, Christian Barmore, Jahlani Tavai, these are aren’t guys I’d expect the average NFL fan to recognize as good players. Even the FF regular probably isn’t super keen on them, but they’re all good. They just don’t have notoriety, and certainly aren’t household names.

Edited by Soko
  • Like 1