CB Tre White to sign with Rams

Forge

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Yeah blown Achilles is the death. We saw what it did to Akers. He lost all explosion. 

Isn't that the injury Richard Sherman had and he was fairly good after recovering?

Not really expecting much out of it. Older corner who never really came back from that ACL, and now tore his Achilles. Glad he’s got a place to recover, though.

12 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I love it. When healthy he is a top 3-5 corner. The Rams have a great medical staff so I think they will help keep him relatively healthy. 

Well, I have some bad news for you……. 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trojan said:

Isn't that the injury Richard Sherman had and he was fairly good after recovering?

White has a torn ACL to go along with the Achilles tear though. Some Niners fans wanted to sign White, but that was a hard pass for me. 

11 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Yes, because that's what we needed; a 29 year old corner with bad legs. SMH.

We just signed a depth CB and will likely lose a 3rd round comp pick for it.

I wish Minnesota would have signed White. Minnesota's GM made a real headscratcher signing Shaq Griffin.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, I have some bad news for you……. 😂

The last Buffalo Bill who was injury prone that came to the Rams played the entire season. His name was Sammy Watkins. So again the Rams have a great medical staff and McVay usually know how to work with his players to make sure they stay fresh and relatively healthy throughout the season.

We saw that with Puka alone who has his own injury concerns. He was able to play most if not all of the season. And not to mention Witherspoon coming from the Steelers who had his injury concerns was able to play most if not all of the season. So to make a long story short if there is still time I think White will be fine in a Rams uniform. Welcome to the Rams my former LSU Tiger.

55 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The last Buffalo Bill who was injury prone that came to the Rams played the entire season. His name was Sammy Watkins. So again the Rams have a great medical staff and McVay usually know how to work with his players to make sure they stay fresh and relatively healthy throughout the season.

We saw that with Puka alone who has his own injury concerns. He was able to play most if not all of the season. And not to mention Witherspoon coming from the Steelers who had his injury concerns was able to play most if not all of the season. So to make a long story short if there is still time I think White will be fine in a Rams uniform. Welcome to the Rams my former LSU Tiger.

I mean there is a chance he is fine but the types of injuries White had at that position is going to compromise him going forward, no other way around it. Even if he is able to stay healthy for all 17+ games, that does not mean he will be anywhere close to the top 3-5 CB that he once was. The CB position is volatile as it is and players have quick declines as they near and surpass age 30, but White has to overcome far more than that. 

I wish the man luck because he was once a hell of a player but the odds are against him. 

Relatively low risk but I'm not really optimistic until we see it. 2 aging starting corners isn't ideal but with maybe a 2 year window with Stafford it makes sense.

Our experiment with young guys at corner has been a disaster.