Antonio Brown Partially Torn Calf Muscle - Expected Back For Postseason

showtime

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

That’s not what I asked. 

I asked if you believe the discrepancy of 4-3 MLB vs 3-4 ILB is a relevant factor for the voters? 

And I already answered that question. 

34 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

To keep it short. The player assignments between a MLB and ILB are totally different. Especially when it comes to DPOY. A MLB is put in better position at a higher rate to rack up more fancy stats than a ILB is. That's just the nature of the position. 

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

They will almost always vote for pass-rushers first. I'm not saying that I agree with it because I don't and I never have but that's just the way it is now. 

Keep in mind, most of these voters now are judging their votes based only on stat lines and a few headline plays that make the news. They aren't watching each and every player with a magnifying glass and adjusting any of this based on player assignments. That's just the way it is now. Therefore, the pass-rushers will almost always get more votes than ILBers will.

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

And I already answered that question. 

Didn’t see your edit. Glad you agree with me about pass rushers, though. 

I don’t totally buy the huge advantage of 4-3 backers over 3-4 backers. Most teams run nickel anyway, where their responsibilities become much more similar.

Plus, the really good ones produce regardless of scheme (Willis, Bowman, Fletcher). There just hasn’t been an elite insider backer in a 3-4 scheme pretty much since Willis retired/Bowman injured himself. 

2 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

We're in a thread about Antonio Brown's partially torn calf muscle which has been completely changed to DPOTY talk for the past three pages and no mention for the defensive players who actually managed to partially tear AB's calf muscle? smh.

You're right. Duron Harmon for DPOY.

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

To keep it short. The player assignments between a MLB and ILB are totally different. Especially when it comes to DPOY. A MLB is put in better position at a higher rate to rack up more fancy stats than a ILB is. That's just the nature of the position. 

Oh really?

So then explain to me this: NFL Tackle Leaders - 2017

All of the top 6 are ILB's (Wagner is technically a MLB, but Seattle plays a 4-3 hybrid scheme that plays Wagner like an ILB). 

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Oh really?

So then explain to me this: NFL Tackle Leaders - 2017

All of the top 6 are ILB's (Wagner is technically a MLB, but Seattle plays a 4-3 hybrid scheme that plays Wagner like an ILB). 

Using tackles alone to compare anything is a terrible argument for many reasons. And if you can't see the flaw in this then there's no need to explain anything.

Dating back to 1970, how many more 4-3 MLB's do you see in the top 100 compared to 3-4 ILB's?

Again, dating back to 1970, how many more 4-3 MLB's do you see in the top 100 compared to 3-4 ILB's?

Trying to compare a 3-4 ILB to a 4-3 MLB is like trying to compare a 3-4 NT to 4-3 DT.

56 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Using tackles alone to compare anything is a terrible argument for many reasons. And if you can't see the flaw in this then there's no need to explain anything.

Dating back to 1970, how many more 4-3 MLB's do you see in the top 100 compared to 3-4 ILB's?

Again, dating back to 1970, how many more 4-3 MLB's do you see in the top 100 compared to 3-4 ILB's?

Trying to compare a 3-4 ILB to a 4-3 MLB is like trying to compare a 3-4 NT to 4-3 DT.

I mean you said:

A MLB is put in better position at a higher rate to rack up more fancy stats than a ILB is. That's just the nature of the position. 

And yet here we are, with the top 6 leading tacklers in the NFL all being ILB's. I understand there's a difference between the ILB and MLB position, that's not what I'm debating. I'm just pointing out there seems to be a major flaw in your argument that MLB's are put in a better position to make flashy plays and put up fancy stats than ILB's are, and I think the data backs that up.

Also, your query logic there is wrong. It's including CB's like Nnamdi Asomugha and Orlando Scandrick. Actually, looking more closely there's not really any query logic that it's holding, because I see not only linebackers, but CB's and Safety's as well. And yes, context always matters. For example, how prevalent were 3-4 defenses back in the 1970's compared to today? That might offer some context into why the stats appear to favor 4-3 MLB's dating back to the 70's, but in today's NFL favor 3-4 ILB's. Anyways, none of this has to do with AB being injured lol I just wanted to point out a flawed argument I saw.

In terms of Antonio Brown, I hope he comes back for the playoffs healthy and I hope the Steelers lose in the first round.

19 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

The Patriots probably aren't even a Top 5 talented team... If every team is healthy the Eagles, Steelers, Seahawks, Texans, Chiefs, Saints, Cowboys are almost inarguably more talented. Then you have teams like the Chargers, Panthers, Rams, and Falcons who are likely on that same level.

This is a joke right. You think its all about talent. Really! You are out of your mind if you believe the crap your saying.

On 12/19/2017 at 3:24 PM, m haynes said:

This is a joke right. You think its all about talent. Really! You are out of your mind if you believe the crap your saying.

Where did I ever say that it's all about talent. Do me a favor (a) don't put words in my mouth and (b) don't post if you cannot understand the basic writing that other's are doing.

On 12/22/2017 at 1:55 PM, tonyto36 said:

And 100% the Patriots would beat all of those teams except probably the Eagles.

But more importantly, the NFL isn't played like Madden with injuries off.  The Patriots are successful through injuries because they don't build their teams to have the best Madden pick up game roster.  It's a roster that can get through a season of injuries.

Show me where I argued otherwise or ever insinuated that talent alone wins rings?

Archived