2024 Last Chance Mock - Discussion

dcat

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i'm gonna leave that deal on the table for @beekay414, 77 and 112 for 88, 91

if he wants it, i accept. if he declines i've sent a big board to @MikeT14 since he's the pick after me

i'm going to bed and probably won't be back online til like 1est 

@MikeT14 will be unavailable for a lot of today.  Sent me his board.  If you sent him one, he may not be around. If you want to send it to me, that's fine.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dcat said:

@MikeT14 will be unavailable for a lot of today.  Sent me his board.  If you sent him one, he may not be around. If you want to send it to me, that's fine.

I've got it now. @MikeT14 forwarded it to me

Just now, vike daddy said:

@RTTRUTH

CB Cam Hart is a GOOD pick. pretty dang early, but if he works out then no one cares about that.

well done!

Interesting comment about the early part. I have now done 4 collaborative mocks (is it 5?) this offseason. And the guys I like and keep thinking "oh I can get him in the 3rd, or 4th" based on rankings I find everywhere, they keep getting snagged well ahead of where I expect to get them. WR, S, CB, OL's. Lots of surprises. So I don't believe in reaching outside of the 2nd. Cam Hart was a projected round 3-4 pick in my estimation, before he blew up the combine. Now he's likely safely inside the top 75. IMO. 

If anything I would have thought my big reach there would be Trevin Wallace for the Seahawks, since he's actually survived past the 3rd in most of the collaboratives I've done. Unlike Cam, who has not. There's one guy I'll try to point out later once chosen, who's sort of my white whale in these exercises. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

@RTTRUTH

CB Cam Hart is a GOOD pick. pretty dang early, but if he works out then no one cares about that.

well done!

Also, my division rival over there @jch1911 keeps adding weapons to the Texans offense. I have to match that with a top 3 consisting of a potential #1 Edge rusher, a true deep field Safety capable of creating some turnovers, and a physical #4CB who can keep up with any WR athletically. We're a heavy zone squad, so his length and physicality will serve us well. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

@RTTRUTH

well done!

I just took Cam Hart at 82 in this mock.

In the mock on this site we did previously he went 79 (pretty close)

The other mock I'm in currently, someone else stole him at 66. So trust me, this didn't feel like a reach.

• Like 2

Center class is so deep this year , so wasn't sure what to do

Decided to trust the experience, 3 year starter at NFL light in Georgia, said to be an excellent leader , something the offensive side of the ball has been missing in Pittsburgh 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

smart guy.

when we play poker we don't play the game, we play the players.

Not sure if it was Mayock or who, but way back when I first got into the draft and scouting, some show was debating who whatever team might be looking at in round 1. And this person in the know said something to the effect of “you would be surprised how often teams draft with an eye towards the other teams in their division.”

10 or so years later I still ponder that when I’m creating a draft plan.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I just took Cam Hart at 82 in this mock.

In the mock on this site we did previously he went 79 (pretty close)

The other mock I'm in currently, someone else stole him at 66. So trust me, this didn't feel like a reach.

as the Guy that took Cam Hart at 79 think this is his Range.

Think the draft in real life we gonna see some shocking picks in some people Eyes after the top tier players at a few position the next 10 or so are pretty interchangable so a good scheme fit like Hart likely ends up going before some believe

• Like 2