My only "crazy and unlikely" mock draft, but it might make sense 21 days out until the draft begins

Big T

Okay here we go, the Jets draft down 8 spots and grab a second rounder in the interim. So 10 for 18 and 49

With the 18th pick the Jets do the incredible, they pass on the triple 3 WR/TE/OT. 

Why you may say, Reddick is a one year rental, JFM could be the odd man out and the Jets could wait until round 2 to address the OL or WR position. So with the first pick in the draft the Jets select.

1. Chop Robinson DE

2.Cooper Beebe G

3.Rodger Rosengarden T

4.Pratt QB

4.Luke McCaffery WR

5. Isaiah Davis RB

7. Jaylen Key S

7. Jaden Crumedy

It should be noted that M. Kamara a Huff type of player has a meeting with the Jets as does Chop Robinson. Most of the OT the Jets have met with was at the combine, or pro day. None have been invited top 30 visits to the Jets. 

The Jets are afforded the opportunity to revamp the OL, and have a player compared to Micah Parsons on the Jets.

3 hours ago, Big T said:

Okay here we go, the Jets draft down 8 spots and grab a second rounder in the interim. So 10 for 18 and 49

With the 18th pick the Jets do the incredible, they pass on the triple 3 WR/TE/OT. 

Why you may say, Reddick is a one year rental, JFM could be the odd man out and the Jets could wait until round 2 to address the OL or WR position. So with the first pick in the draft the Jets select.

1. Chop Robinson DE

2.Cooper Beebe G

3.Rodger Rosengarden T

4.Pratt QB

4.Luke McCaffery WR

5. Isaiah Davis RB

7. Jaylen Key S

7. Jaden Crumedy

It should be noted that M. Kamara a Huff type of player has a meeting with the Jets as does Chop Robinson. Most of the OT the Jets have met with was at the combine, or pro day. None have been invited top 30 visits to the Jets. 

The Jets are afforded the opportunity to revamp the OL, and have a player compared to Micah Parsons on the Jets.

I think ever fan would rip apart Metlife stadium if they draftt a DE with their first pick. 

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think ever fan would rip apart Metlife stadium if they draftt a DE with their first pick. 

This. There would be anarchy in Jetland. Dogs and cats living together. Real wrath of God type stuff.

However, I almost would not be shocked at a future Reed replacement at CB. Just not a DE. 

Edited by xrade

22 hours ago, xrade said:

This. There would be anarchy in Jetland. Dogs and cats living together. Real wrath of God type stuff.

However, I almost would not be shocked at a future Reed replacement at CB. Just not a DE. 

In that scenario, we need to draft McKinstry!!  Sauce and Kool-aid holding down the secondary!!! Best nicknames in the league. 

On 4/4/2024 at 4:21 PM, Big T said:

1. Chop Robinson DE

2.Cooper Beebe G

3.Rodger Rosengarden T

4.Pratt QB

4.Luke McCaffery WR

5. Isaiah Davis RB

7. Jaylen Key S

7. Jaden Crumedy

I am a little nerviest about dropping down eight spots in the draft, when we have a sure chance of getting a top player at ten. With that said I still want that second pick in round two. But that's me being greedy.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I am a little nerviest about dropping down eight spots in the draft, when we have a sure chance of getting a top player at ten. With that said I still want that second pick in round two. But that's me being greedy.

I hear you on dropping down to get a second but let’s be real. How often have a 2nd round picks worked out? Hall, Tippman and Maye then a whole lot of nothing over the years especially at WR.

Play it safe this year. Take the top OT or even WR if one of the top 3 drop. But do not gamble and drop down just for the sake of a 2nd round pick. We do not need starters at any position this year. We need future starters and injury backups. 

6 hours ago, xrade said:

I hear you on dropping down to get a second but let’s be real. How often have a 2nd round picks worked out? Hall, Tippman and Maye then a whole lot of nothing over the years especially at WR.

Play it safe this year. Take the top OT or even WR if one of the top 3 drop. But do not gamble and drop down just for the sake of a 2nd round pick. We do not need starters at any position this year. We need future starters and injury backups. 

I agree, I am going to play it safe, no matter. who we take at ten it will fill a hole somewhere in our roster.

8 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Playing it safe would be trading up to get MHJ or Nabers. 

To trade up would cost us a fortune, unless it was a player who would make a big difference like a QB, or a WR like Marvin Harrison.

21 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I agree, I am going to play it safe, no matter. who we take at ten it will fill a hole somewhere in our roster.

We have no holes ATM so we should not expect a rookie to start day one. However, we are thin at some very key positions if a starter goes down like at WR and OT. So we will need a good player in round 1 to step in and play meaningful snaps this year.

Trading down just for the sake of a SRP and miss out on a top prospect and future starter next year would be irresponsible. I don’t care how deep the OT and WR class is, take the best prospect at one of those two positions and call it a day. 

17 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Playing it safe would be trading up to get MHJ or Nabers. 

That would be an even riskier move based on cost. I think we can all agree the draft is a gamble no matter what pick or position. The true safe move is to stay at 10 and get the best OT or WR. 

Trading up for Dallas Turner is better.   eh?

In all seriousness, I do hope that there are 2 solid QBs available at #10.  It should become easier to trade down.  Unfortunately, I expect Vikings to trade up once 2nd qb is taken.

Can't wait and find out.

I only want Tackle or WR in the first round. I'm fine with a trade down, but it's still gotta be one of those two positions. 

For the record, I also don't care for TEs before the third round but if understand why they may take Bowers.