Rich7sena's 2024 Mock Draft (3 rounds, trades, team-by-team explanations, 100% accuracy!)

Rich7sena

On 4/15/2024 at 9:56 PM, THE DUKE said:

I think Mitchell is a better CB than Newton or Murphy are DT

If I'm being honest, I think the team is trading Tee, 18 and change for Jefferson, so it will be a moot point in nine days.

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

If I'm being honest, I think the team is trading Tee, 18 and change for Jefferson, so it will be a moot point in nine days.

That'd be wild, wild enough to the point to where I really don't see it happening, but I guess we were able to trade Carson Palmer for a 1st and a 2nd once upon a time, so who is to say lightning couldn't strike twice.

• Like 1

To me, that Denver trade out is crazy.  I just don't see a world in which the "leverage" a falling qb and get so little in return. 

While the points chart may indicate the broncos win this deal, it's only by a margin of a mid 4th round pick. That's not nearly the premium that generally comes from the cost of a team moving up for a QB, nor does it really reflect the cost associated with moving completely out of round one.

On 4/14/2024 at 8:23 PM, Rich7sena said:

Kansas City Chiefs

21 (f/Miami) - Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington
64 - Brenden Rice, WR, USC
95 - Isaac Adisa, Edge, Penn State

1. The trade-up for Fautanu makes sense if he is the best player remaining but he's not. If Fautanu made it past Dallas then maybe. A small trade-up for Guyton or standing pat and getting a choice of several DL makes more sense.
  2. Another WR named Rice? He's a reach on top of that. Give them a TE or OT if they go DL in the 1st.
  3. This is late to be thinking pass rush but that is better than never. 

The Chiefs need a good developmental OT rather than a starter. They have Wanya Morris from the 2023 draft to fill LT. He ought to be at least as good as Smith. Next year Niang's contract expires and they can afford to release Taylor. Having a player with a year of swing OT--like Morris has now--would fit the bill. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 2:09 AM, FalconFan13 said:

Hall is a solid player but the complete opposite of the type of DT we need.  We need a NT right now much more than we need a 3-4 DE type.    We have multiple good players who can play 3-4 DE in Grady, Onyemata, Zach Harrison, Ta'quan Graham maybe even Campbell if we bring him back.    we literally just brought back Eddie Goldman as our only NT which is almost mandatory in this scheme and was for the Rams the last 4 or 5 years with Gaines and Brown.     Goldman has retired twice on us already i sure as heck can't depend on him to stay on the team as our only NT.

While Hall may not fill an immediate need, I believe he will be high on teams' boards. If he's high on the Falcons' board, I could see them picking him as short-term insurance and future replacements for Jarrett and Onyemata who are in their early 30s with 2 years left on their deals. I don't think any of the other players you listed are prohibitive for the Falcons to draft a defensive lineman they like in the third round.

23 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The Chiefs need a good developmental OT rather than a starter. They have Wanya Morris from the 2023 draft to fill LT. He ought to be at least as good as Smith. Next year Niang's contract expires and they can afford to release Taylor. Having a player with a year of swing OT--like Morris has now--would fit the bill. 

Are you sure that Wanya Morris good enough to start 17 games plus playoffs at left tackle week 1 with less than 400 snaps in 2023? What happens if he's not or gets hurt? Who's behind him who can start? Seems like every perilous road.

Edited by Rich7sena

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Are you sure that Wanya Morris good enough to start 17 games plus playoffs at left tackle week 1 with less than 400 snaps in 2023? What happens if he's not or gets hurt? Who's behind him who can start? Seems like every perilous road.

Sure, no, but it appears to be the team's thinking. There was no move to get even a journeyman in free agency. Bear in mind that Morris will have a full year of strength and conditioning training in addition to skill development. 

There is a need for a swing tackle other than Lucas Niang, who is in his last contract year. That's a logical place to put a rookie.

On 4/15/2024 at 3:23 AM, Rich7sena said:

Kansas City Chiefs

21 (f/Miami) - Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington

64 - Brenden Rice, WR, USC

95 - Isaac Adisa, Edge, Penn State

The Chiefs might be the only team that can casually swap out left tackles every year, but that’s no way to live. Here, they trade up for their left tackle of the present and future. With Rashee Rice facing an almost certain suspension and possible prison time, the Chiefs get a new Rice from a legendary lineage (and a similar skillset). Adisa adds to a good, but not great, chorus of edge rushers.

Fautanu is a fine choice here. I like him a lot, he's versatile too. I don't know if Miami would trade down with us though? Last yeah I know several teams refused to trade down with us specifically so we wouldn't get our guy (joke's on them, that guy was Mazi ha!). 

I hate Brenden Rice as a prospect - I have him as a 6th round guy - but it does fit our need so from a mock prospective it's more than fine. I'd just hate if it actually happened.

Should he fall, Adisa would be a great acquisition here. We do need to keep adding depth at edge and it's good value here imho.