2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

4 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I took it that he was saying they are our two best WR this year. On talent, that may very well be right. When healthy they are our two best WR. IMO. 

Reed and Wicks played their rookie year last year. The hierarchy might still be in place but they will have something to say about it and should take a nice big step this season. I’m not really worried about best individual player but the combination that can help us get the most wins. If Love comes into his own and starts spreading it around like he has but with even higher efficiency, we’re a top offense in the League. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Reed and Wicks played their rookie year last year. The hierarchy might still be in place but they will have something to say about it and should take a nice big step this season. I’m not really worried about best individual player but the combination that can help us get the most wins. If Love comes into his own and starts spreading it around like he has but with even higher efficiency, we’re a top offense in the League. 

Spot on! We have the potential to be THE top offense in the league this year. 

17 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

If Evan Williams continues to ball out, he just might claim that other safety spot.  Bullard to the slot and Nixon to special teams?

I could go for that, but the Packers paid Nixon like they were expecting him to log a lot of snaps on D. 

27 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

If Evan Williams continues to ball out, he just might claim that other safety spot.  Bullard to the slot and Nixon to special teams?

I think it will be Nixon to start with a very talented rookie (and a developing one in King) breathing down his neck. Either play like a mad man, or get relegated to backup and ST with the writing on the wall for next year. Of course, we’ll need our depth over the course of the season so everyone will get some opportunities.  Also, our DC might get creative if we are completely stacked with healthy DBs that can play. 

Williams and Bullard both seem like they have a head for the game and are physical. Hafley can’t complain about the ingredients he has to make up the meal. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

I took it that he was saying they are our two best WR this year. On talent, that may very well be right. When healthy they are our two best WR. IMO. 

I agree that he may be right.  I do not agree that he is clearly and without a doubt right.  Watson hasn't clearly and without a doubt proven anything.  If we are talking pure upside, Doubs is not in my top 2.

10 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I think the only way Nixon gets benched in the slot is if he is getting absolutely cooked in regular season or has an injury. I don't expect Bullard to take that spot unless something bad happens. 

I think Nixon will start out the season as the starter in the slot.  Its going to take some time for Bullard to get familiar with the slot at the NFL level.  Nixon isnt bad in the slot but I think Bullard will be an upgrade in time if they go that route.

On 8/11/2024 at 10:19 AM, Mazrimiv said:

I'll assume this is just poorly worded. 

Eh, kind of. The point is just being a "good" player might not always mean you're extended anymore. We will just keep refilling the rooms with young talent and then extend the great players. I could be wrong, but I feel that is the direction this is going, and why I don't think Myers will be extended.

13 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Eh, kind of. The point is just being a "good" player might not always mean you're extended anymore. We will just keep refilling the rooms with young talent and then extend the great players. I could be wrong, but I feel that is the direction this is going, and why I don't think Myers will be extended.

I think LT Walker is more likely to be impacted by this logic than Myers.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think LT Walker is more likely to be impacted by this logic than Myers.

If they have faith Morgan can be the LT that is very true. Right now, it does not appear as though the Packers have a Myers replacement on the roster. 

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Myers is a good, but not great player.  He'll get a good, but not great 2nd contract.  I expect it will be GB who pays that contract.

So was Runyan, and he did not get a contract. I guess we will just see how it plays out. I'm defiantly rooting for Myers. This is more about how we approach second contracts and where I think it's going. Like i've said before, I could be wrong.

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 1