2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

40 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Interesting, as I have a different take. Odds of keeping both Tom and Walker 75%+

Could certainly happen, but not what I expect.  I'd put the Tom+Meyers odds at ~65%

6 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bold statement. They really like his passion and movement skills. Big Josh still might have something to say but all I know is Butkus said Monk was out there ready to tear off lips.  That’s one way to get the job done. 2025 season is a long ways away but it is something to keep an eye on. At the very least, I hope we have a very capable backup there for this season. 

5 hours ago, Chili said:

I don't think the Packers will want to risk losing Jennings and will keep him on the roster to ensure their long term interior depth. They didn't draft a guard and they specifically targeted him in UDFA by giving him a large signing bonus, more than any UDFA they paid the previous year. They met him at the Shrine game, Combine and Top 30 visit. It's safe to say they like him and probably won't give up on him this early. Its also worth noting that he had four top 30 visits and the Vikings were one of them so that is another reason to keep him on the roster.

If he makes the roster, it's as OL9.

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Safe bet. I'd put the odds on them retaining Tom over Walker at about 85% right now. If both are healthy, I'd up that percentage to 92%. 

Why does it seem that people are down on Walker?  I thought he was very good last year and got better as the season went on. Expecting him to have a great season this year. 

From GB reddit

Practice is finished - 1 hour and 56 minutes

General:

Next Event: Open Practice, Aug. 14th 10:30 A.M. CT

Injured:

• Carrington Valentine CB (hamstring)

• Deslin Alexandre DL (lower leg)

• Dimitri Stanley WR (hamstring)

• Donovan Jennings G/T (knee)

• Edgerrin Cooper LB (hip)

• Jarveon Howard RB (ankle)

• Keshawn Banks DL (groin)

• MarShawn Lloyd RB (groin)

• Ty'Ron Hopper LB (ankle)

Not Practicing / Limited: 

• Caleb Jones OT (hammy, limited)

• Kingsley Enagbare DL (hamstring, limited)

• Kitan Oladapo S (toe, limited)

• Jordan Morgan G (shoulder, limited)

Offense:

• It wasn’t a good route, but Jordan Love connects with Dontayvion Wicks for about 25 yards on a crossing route at the start of today’s practice. Keisean Nixon slipped in coverage on the play, and Love fired a laser.

• Pratt throws a - dare I say - laser to Jalen Wayne.

• Love hits a deep ball to Watson. Stokes in coverage. Another downfield play for the offense.

• Packers might need to start thinking about Michael Pratt as number 2 even more. If he’s this good and doesn’t even know the playbook yet it’s super intriguing. Just found Sims on a corner route rolling to his right for a big gain. He’s been absolute money lately.

• Love with a gorgeous throw him open pass to Musgrave but 88 can’t hang on.

• Love tries to hit a seam throw in between the corner and safety to Reed but juuuuust off his fingertips.

• Love compete to Melton short on a quick out.

• Love had Davis on a deep post but big overthrow.

• Love fits a go ball deep to Reed through Bullard and McKinney. Good for more than 30 yards.

• Now connects with Doubs on an out. Good period for QB1.

• Tucker Kraft getting some 11-on-11 snaps today.

• Oh my god. A SCREEN PASS THAT WORKED!!!!! Love hits Musgrave on the TE screen and Kraft takes out two defenders with a block. Nice pickup for the offense.

• Swing pass to Dillon for a good gain

• Run gets stuffed.

• Incomplete on 3rd.

• Ben Sims with a nice catch over the middle from Clifford and a nice little move after the catch. Two nice plays from Sims so far.

• Gary was CLOSE to a sack on love and possibly got it. Love connects on 16 yd slant to Wicks. Clocks it and hits Doubs for the 2 yd TD on an out

• Love executes a gorgeous little drive. 22 seconds left. Opposing 18 yard line. No timeouts. Slant to Wicks for 16. Spike. Touchdown to Doubs who was wide open.

• Same situation for Pratt. Incomplete in the end zone. Had a chance for a td but overthrows out of bounds.

• Complete on the next play to Melton to the 6 and out of bounds.

• Is there a new number 2 QB? Pratt getting both 2 minute drills.

• Pratt immediately slings two completions. Hicks and Sims, both over the middle.

• Spike.

• Throw away on 3rd.

• FG unit on.

• Practice ends with Pratt hitting Sims for 29 yards in seam to set up Hale 46 yarder to end practice.

• Offense does pushups to end the day.

Defense:

• Zayne Anderson with a pick of Clifford and a nice return on the play. Clifford has been avoiding picks lately.

• Believe that’s now 18 picks for Packers defense in camp.

• Quay Walker dropped out of practice a little bit ago. No real concern over his status, though.

• Big mistake by rookie Javon Bullard who doesn’t lineup right and leaves Jayden Reed uncovered.

• Xavier McKinney a bit shaken up after the play and walks off with a trainer to the sideline. Looks fine along the sideline. Has his helmet ready to go. Doesn’t look like anything to worry about.

• McKinney back in team good to go.

• Kristian Welch with a near pick of Love over the middle. Never saw it. Welch just dropped it.

• Love tries to hit Doubs deep but Stokes all over it. 50/50 ish ball that Stokes prob had a slightly better chance at. Ball falls incomplete.

• Love rolls right and throws a wobbler deep downfield but Evan Williams doesn’t locate it and gets called for an easy PI on Melton.

• Kalen King woulda lit up Clifford on a corner blitz. Never saw it coming.

• TJ Slaton bats down Pratt at LOS

• Ballentine pbu outside.

• Goodness, Lukas Van Ness can turn the corner off the edge. Just blast past Kadeem Telfort to sack Michael Pratt. That looked like the defensive line equivalent of a layup.

• 40 seconds left. Tie game. Ball at own 45. First and 10. 1’s up first.

• Love had Wicks over the middle but it was slightly behind him and Wicks had to slow down for it. In the meantime Jaire closed in a blink and broke it up.

• Incomplete to Doubs down the left sideline. Good pressure. Was basically a throwaway.

• False start offense. I believe Walker.

• Love tries to hit Dillon deep. Dillon a bit late locating it but it was too far in front anyway.

• Defense wins.

Special Teams:

• Alex Hale goes 3 for 3 (33, 41L and 46L). 8/9 - 88.9%

• Hale hits another FG in a move the ball period. He’s 4/4 today. 9/10 - 90%

• Hale no good from 56; wide right. 9/11 - 81.8%.

• Hale missed three more wide right again, one off the post. He’s 4/8 today. 9/14 - 64.3%.

• Hale hits the final fg in 2 minute to end practice. He’s 5/9 today. 10/15 - 66.7%.

Media:

Interviews:

• Matt LaFleur: Presser

• Says MarShawn Lloyd will not be practicing.

• Says he and Broncos coach Sean Payton have spoken a few times about how to approach Friday's practice. Their last conversation was yesterday: "We feel like we're in a pretty good spot, and we're on the same page and ready to roll."

• On Jacob Monk: "You're going to see him at all the interior spots, at left guard, center, right guard. That's going to be part of his job."

• Jordan Morgan will be limited today.

• "It's big time. That's something we absolutely emphasize here," said LaFleur about DuBose as a run blocker. "No block, no rock."

• On whether Javon Bullard could push for the slot corner role or if Keisean Nixon has that job locked up: "I think it's all competition. We'll let it play out

9 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Why does it seem that people are down on Walker?  I thought he was very good last year and got better as the season went on. Expecting him to have a great season this year. 

I don't think we extend both of our tackles. Nothing against Walker, but he's probably not elite but will likely garner a contract that would pay him that way. 

If Morgan proves worthy, you slot him in and sign Tom, who is elite. 

That is just my rationale, which may not be rational at all to some. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think we extend both of our tackles. Nothing against Walker, but he's probably not elite but will likely garner a contract that would pay him that way. 

I feel like Walker has better tools than even Tom. Was an elite talent that had technique and motor issues. Seems to be solving those. If he continues to do so, I feel he does have the tools to be an elite LT. 

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Walker is very likely an OT only.  Tom has more positional versatility.  Retaining Tom allows more flexibility in FA/ draft to fill in needs on the OL

22 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I feel like Walker has better tools than even Tom. Was an elite talent that had technique and motor issues. Seems to be solving those. If he continues to do so, I feel he does have the tools to be an elite LT. 

Love just gave an interview that gave Bak some credit for Walker’s growth last year. Big if true, although I feel that’s the least he could do for that contract. 

Hopefully Edgerrin Cooper can get back to action soon.  There hasn't been any real details on his injury.  Lafleur called it a "little groin" injury in a PC just after it happened, but the Packers are listing it as a hip injury these days.  I had him pegged for a starting gig early this season.  Now that's looking more and more like a longshot. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Hopefully Edgerrin Cooper can get back to action soon.  There hasn't been any real details on his injury.  Lafleur called it a "little groin" injury in a PC just after it happened, but the Packers are listing it as a hip injury these days.  I had him pegged for a starting gig early this season.  Now that's looking more and more like a longshot. 

Could become an IR stash. Would be a bump in the road for his development but 4weeks is nothing in the grand scheme and RB and LB are definitely positions you are going to need some depth at some point. 

29 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Could become an IR stash. Would be a bump in the road for his development but 4weeks is nothing in the grand scheme and RB and LB are definitely positions you are going to need some depth at some point. 

They signed an RB and a LB today, so it makes me think that Cooper is not all that close to a return.