Alt or Odunze at 7?

deeluxx3

Alt or Odunze at 7?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Alt or Odunze at 7?

• Alt
    • Odunze

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

if there were any tackles i felt okay about at the top of the second, i'd go odunze, but the patrick pauls and kingsley suamataias of the world don't inspire confidence in me for a position where we need a day 1 starter. i'd go alt.

I am starting to like Suimataia, but he’s at least a one year project. The rest suck.

Alt and it’s not close.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I am starting to like Suimataia, but he’s at least a one year project. The rest suck.

Alt and it’s not close.

how do you feel about jordan morgan? he seems like the most pro-ready tackle who might be available at 38, and i haven't watched him at all, just know that his record in pass pro is quite good. a lot of folks have him as a guard because he's got short arms, but they're a little bit longer than skoronski's and i know that those seemingly-tiny differences can be pretty big when it comes to teams' standards of who they'd let play tackle for them.

would be pretty funny though to draft morgan as LT of the future after slamming the door shut on skoronski at tackle.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

how do you feel about jordan morgan? he seems like the most pro-ready tackle who might be available at 38, and i haven't watched him at all, just know that his record in pass pro is quite good. a lot of folks have him as a guard because he's got short arms, but they're a little bit longer than skoronski's and i know that those seemingly-tiny differences can be pretty big when it comes to teams' standards of who they'd let play tackle for them.

would be pretty funny though to draft morgan as LT of the future after slamming the door shut on skoronski at tackle.

Morgan is a guy I rate high, because I think objectively he’s a second rounder, but I don’t like him. Moves well, doesn’t deal well with power.

His tape against Latu is excellent, but his tape against Trice is not so good. Looks like a traditional left tackle to me, but I just don’t know if there’s a ton of upside there. He doesn’t have any boom features. Like, he’s big enough, but not particularly large. Arms are just long enough. Athletic testing just good enough.

If I knew for a fact he’d be there at 38, I would be ok taking Nabers over Alt, but I don’t think I would ever want to take Odunze over Alt, and I would have a tough time preferring even Morgan to a trade down for Fashanu, Fautanu, or even Latham.

• Like 1

I'm liking Guyton more. Oklahoma has a great track record of sending players to the league and having it translate even with that spread offense. .

Read up on their offensive line coach who has been there since 2013. Quite a few successful OL from 1st round to 4th rounder starters have been produced. 

Give me Alt, or trade down, because in all honesty my favorite WR in this draft outside of MHJ & Nabers is no other than Javon baker. This kid got it, he’s gone be the sleeper WR that turns into a bad a$$ WR’s his footwork, route running, he can stack a DB with head fakes, sink his hips & stop on a dime fluid & smooth.

Alt. Protect the guy throwing the ball. Worst case scenario is we're at the end of the year, and we still don't know what we have in Levis because he was hurried most of his dropbacks or injured for a chunk of the year. I'd hate to be saying "Yeah, Levis wasn't great but if he just had more time in the pocket..." 

I just want to add the disclaimer that my preference doesn't hinder my excitement. 
While I'd love to draft a WR/Playmaker at 7. If we draft Alt, I'll be just as pumped. I know some would be mad or unhappy if we draft a WR. 

I'm all for the evaluation. Being in the top 10 you should take an elite player. If you grade out a WR that is available or even Alt to not be an elite player and you have say, Bowers or some corner. I say take the highest rated player (within reason) and figure out the rest. 

Obviously shouldn't take a RB/QB at this point. 

But it's all good with me whatever they do. 

• Like 1

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Id be fine with it, I like Olu. But I would just hate the idea that we couldn't pop back and claim some assets.

I think we should brace for this. 
Taking Fashanu or Odunze. 

I think trading back is going to be hard if 4 QBs go in front of us.  We need one of those QBs to fall to entice a trade up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I think we should brace for this. 
Taking Fashanu or Odunze. 

I think trading back is going to be hard if 4 QBs go in front of us.  We need one of those QBs to fall to entice a trade up. 

I could see someone coming up for Odunze tho. And it could be bs, but I also am hearing rumblings for people coming up to get Bowers. We will see. Here's to hoping.

• Like 1