QB Matt Ryan retiring

RaidersAreOne

I thought he retired before last season. I guess he was hoping to get the call that went to Joe Flacco

Fantastic career, too bad it will always be blemished by the Super Bowl.

I think he belongs in the HOF? but it's borderline.

Im not crying  you're crying 😭 That man went from one of my 3 most hated draft picks of all time for the falcons to possibly the greatest player that ever played for my team.  He changed how most people thought about the falcons as almost guaranteed losers every year to legit contenders that had a chance anytime him and julio was out there.   Top 7 all time in the nfl in passing yards with a mvp to his name and would have had a SB to his name if not for shanny screwing the entire team over in the 4th quarter which he somehow continues to do to the 49ers to this day O.o    I personally think he for sure deserves to be a HOF player and hope he gets in there one day.  Where as he might not have been my favorite player of all time he is my most respected player of all time that i appreciate how he changed what the Falcons are as a team. 

Now lets go get him as some kind of coach for the Falcons preferably QB coach to teach the young guy we get in the next few years :D

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, adamq said:

I think he belongs in the HOF? but it's borderline.

No. 

Him and Rivers were good long term Franchise QBs. Matt Ryan was great for one year, and maybe if he won that Super Bowl, it'd be a different story right now. But he never won it all, and he didn't sustain levels of excellence. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

No. 

Him and Rivers were good long term Franchise QBs. Matt Ryan was great for one year, and maybe if he won that Super Bowl, it'd be a different story right now. But he never won it all, and he didn't sustain levels of excellence. 

His 2018 season was JUST AS GOOD as his 2016 season. But because the Falcons had literally the worst defense in the NFL that year, people ignore it. He had sustained greatness through his career. And using the "No rings" argument is absolutely stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

His 2018 season was JUST AS GOOD as his 2016 season. But because the Falcons had literally the worst defense in the NFL that year, people ignore it. He had sustained greatness through his career. And using the "No rings" argument is absolutely stupid.

Yes.... and in his 14 seasons in the NFL, he had 2 great years, 1 good year, and the rest were mediocre or worse.

If he wont the Super Bowl maybe he had a case, but he wasn't a hall of FAME career. c'mon now. How many times are you gonna wear the blind homer shades where everyone is telling you how it is and you just scream at the sky?

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yes.... and in his 14 seasons in the NFL, he had 2 great years, 1 good year, and the rest were mediocre or worse.

If he wont the Super Bowl maybe he had a case, but he wasn't a hall of FAME career. c'mon now. How many times are you gonna wear the blind homer shades where everyone is telling you how it is and you just scream at the sky?

In 2023, 3 QBs had over 4,400 yards, over 25 TDs, and under 15 INTs.

Matt Ryan put up 7 years like this.

38 career 4th quarter comebacks

MVP in 2016

ROTY in 2008.

You know how many guys who have won both MVP and ROTY that AREN'T in the HOF?

Zero.

7th all-time passing yards

9th all-time passing TDs

He played in the golden era of QB play. And it's obvious with today's QB crop just how good that era was. 

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

In 2023, 3 QBs had over 4,400 yards, over 25 TDs, and under 15 INTs.

Matt Ryan put up 7 years like this.

38 career 4th quarter comebacks

MVP in 2016

ROTY in 2008.

You know how many guys who have won both MVP and ROTY that AREN'T in the HOF?

Zero.

7th all-time passing yards

9th all-time passing TDs

He played in the golden era of QB play. And it's obvious with today's QB crop just how good that era was. 

He's gonna be judged against his contemporaries my guy.

4 out of those 7 years... were average. They're just bulk stats, which aren't impressive. And that's discounting all of the years he was below 90 passer rating and worse.

2008: 11th
2009: 20th
2010: 11th
2011: 8th
2012: 5th
2013: 12th
2014: 11th
2015: 20th
2016: 1st
2017: 15th
2018: 4th
2019: 14th
2020: 21st
2021: 18th

Cracking the top 10 in the league in passer rating only 4 times in 14 years is by no means a hall of fame QB.

Do you think Eli Manning sniffs the hall without winning multiple Super Bowls?