DRAFT DAY ONE:

JetsandI

23 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think Odunze would be an unbelievable compliment to GW but either way him or Nabers would be an insane WR duo. 

Can I be honest? Nabers is better than Garrett as a prospect to me. I think he’s gonna be a stud. Odunze as well but Nabers just screams best receiver in the league to me. 

At the same time we all know this team/organization/franchise is only as good as our offensive line. I have 349 faith in Smith and Morgan making it through the season and Rodgers can’t move anymore it seems lol. I’m saying it seems cause we only saw 4 snaps and he didn’t respond well. 

44 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Can I be honest? Nabers is better than Garrett as a prospect to me. I think he’s gonna be a stud. Odunze as well but Nabers just screams best receiver in the league to me. 

At the same time we all know this team/organization/franchise is only as good as our offensive line. I have 349 faith in Smith and Morgan making it through the season and Rodgers can’t move anymore it seems lol. I’m saying it seems cause we only saw 4 snaps and he didn’t respond well. 

Nabers is better than both but no shot he’s at 10 so I don’t even think about him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Nabers is better than both but no shot he’s at 10 so I don’t even think about him. 

I wouldn't say no shot. There are too many QB needy teams inside and outside of the top 10. I think at least 4 QBs are taken before our pick along with Alt and MHJ - that's not a whole lot between us and Nabers at that point. Add in a couple reaches or top defensive talent being picked up, and Nabers is available at #10.

That being said, I'm for any offensive player that falls to us. OT, WR, TE, yeah, I don't care as long it's a pick focused on putting points on the board.

I think someone like Denver moves up and the Jets move down and the Jets pick up a 2nd rounder, Denver grabs a QB and the Jets screw Oakland for moving up a few years ago and drafted a T the Jets had eyes for. 

The Jets draft Brian Thomas in round 1 and an OT/G in round 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big T said:

I think someone like Denver moves up and the Jets move down and the Jets pick up a 2nd rounder, Denver grabs a QB and the Jets screw Oakland for moving up a few years ago and drafted a T the Jets had eyes for. 

We aren’t getting a 2nd for a team to move up 2 spots

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big T said:

Sean Payton isn’t gonna move up for a QB with the way that Broncos roster looks. I think they trade back. Pressure is on Vegas/Minnesota to go get their guy if they have one. Though I think Minnesota will stick with Darnold for a year. 

I think it’s a lot of QB smoke right now, teams are not tryna bring you guys into poorly built infrastructures. I can see New England for example trading back and building out the roster or taking MHJ if they don’t have a good trade available. I think the teams that definitely take QBs are Chicago(Williams), Washington(Maye) and Vegas(Daniels trade up)

I got Caleb, Maye, Daniels all going top 9 with Alt and another Tackle going top 9(Chargers and Titans)

Harrison 3 to New England if they don’t move back if not 4 to Arizona. That’s 6. 

Final 3 would be Nabers, an EDGE and whatever Chicago does at 9. Does someone jump up for Odunze? Douglas won’t get jumped B2B years will he?

• Like 1

I have to make a correction, I said two days ago we had 14 rounds in the 1963 draft it was close to twenty rounds. It was the worst draft in our history we lost several star picks to the NFL. that was the year when there was a huge war between the AFL & the NFL.

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Does someone jump up for Odunze? Douglas won’t get jumped B2B years will he?

In a way, I hope that happens only because I really want an OT.  I am not buying the Bowers thing.  Too much smoke.  JD never shows his hand.  I won't be mad if we get one of the top 3 WR's, but I just believe OT is a much bigger need.  Just please, for the love of God, do not trade up (unless Alt is there at 8 or 9). 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I have to make a correction, I said two days ago we had 14 rounds in the 1963 draft it was close to twenty rounds. It was the worst draft in our history we lost several star picks to the NFL. that was the year when there was a huge war between the AFL & the NFL.

I understand that AFL had 8-10 teams.  If so, how many rounds may be irrelevant.

I think four quarterbacks are going in the top 10. Plus three WRs plus Alt. That leaves two. I have to believe at least one more offensive lineman will be going in the top 10, and you also have to think that at least one team will take the best defensive player available. 

So, I think we should be able to get an O-lineman or a WR. That said, I still prefer the trade down scenario. Building up the depth should now be top priority. I think we might only need one starter from this draft, and that is a safety (which we probably can land on day 3).

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think four quarterbacks are going in the top 10. Plus three WRs plus Alt. That leaves two. I have to believe at least one more offensive lineman will be going in the top 10, and you also have to think that at least one team will take the best defensive player available. 

So, I think we should be able to get an O-lineman or a WR. That said, I still prefer the trade down scenario. Building up the depth should now be top priority. I think we might only need one starter from this draft, and that is a safety (which we probably can land on day 3).

Nix could be taken at 11th by Vikings if no trade up.    I wonder if there is any other team likes Nix that much to make trade with Jets.